Kizashi Differences Around the World

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SamirD

hotnyh wrote:Run of the mill tyre... ok for noise. Seems to have quite a stiff sidewall though as I was running one tyre nearly flat without knowing it!
Wait, do you not have TPMS sensors like we do in North America?
SamirD

boman wrote:Included a brochure for the latest spec Kizashi. Without The RF stereo.
Very cool! Thank you!
hotnyh

Nope. No TPMS.
SamirD

hotnyh wrote:Nope. No TPMS.
Lucky! TPMS makes things like changing tires and wheels difficult.

What type of valve stem is on the tire/tyre? Is it just a standard rubber one?
hotnyh

Yes just the regular valve stem.
I'm fairly certain that even on the newest models this is unchanged. Most TPMS I've seen here have been after market items.
murcod

TPMS appears to be USA/ North America fitment only- due to it being a legal requirement on all new vehicles. (We don't have it in Australia either.)
David
boman

murcod wrote:TPMS appears to be USA/ North America fitment only- due to it being a legal requirement on all new vehicles. (We don't have it in Australia either.)
Neither does New Zealand.
Woodie

Your tax dollars at work. You send reps to DC to provide for the common defense, and all they do is pass laws forcing you to buy shit you don't want.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

murcod wrote:TPMS appears to be USA/ North America fitment only- due to it being a legal requirement on all new vehicles. (We don't have it in Australia either.)
Yup. We have them because we are apparently too dumb to look at a flat tire and think we should put air in it.
Starting in 2016 or so, we will also have rear view cameras on all new cars since looking the way you are moving is much too much to ask for with Americans.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
paininthenuts

KuroNekko wrote:
Yup. We have them because we are apparently too dumb to look at a flat tire and think we should put air in it.
Starting in 2016 or so, we will also have rear view cameras on all new cars since looking the way you are moving is much too much to ask for with Americans.
That's quite funny. Do you think the US government will insist on the autopark facility soon? To be honest I don't even know if the UK Kizi has TPMS, I hope it doesn't, as I have heard it can be a real pain when you get new tires. In actual fact, how can I tell, baring in mind the user manual is quite generic?