What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
~tc~

They are on auto, so they are on when the car shuts off (and turn off at the same time). The light sensor works pretty well, I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to "override" the auto setting.

Even with significant voltage drop in the factory wiring, running a "hot" bulb like a Silverstar for a short period after it's fully heated up won't affect the bulb life.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Hazardous

Today I fitted HID to my high beams and fog lights (XLS).

I must thank suzuki for making it so tight behind the headlights that a simple bulb change means the removal of the entire front of the car. :x
2010 Kizashi XLS
2013 Grand Vitara Prestige
1998 Vitara SWB 2.0L
1987 Samurai LWB flat bed
KuroNekko

Hazardous wrote:Today I fitted HID to my high beams and fog lights (XLS).

I must thank suzuki for making it so tight behind the headlights that a simple bulb change means the removal of the entire front of the car. :x
How does it look with the HIDs in the high beams? I'm curious about their operation in DRL mode. Generally, putting HIDs as high beams is not advised due to warm-up time that HID bulbs require and the sporadic nature of high beam usage.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Hazardous

To be honest, I think I was supplied with the wrong bulbs. I ordered 4300k and these lights have a definite blue hue, which robs them of much needed depth of light. Guessing they are 5000's.........

As for warm up, they only take 2-3 seconds, so I can live with that.

However, I will be chasing up some 4300k bulbs, so another excursion into the depths of my kizashI is imminent.
2010 Kizashi XLS
1998 Vitara SWB 2.0L
KuroNekko

Hazardous wrote:To be honest, I think I was supplied with the wrong bulbs. I ordered 4300k and these lights have a definite blue hue, which robs them of much needed depth of light. Guessing they are 5000's.........

However, I will be chasing up some 4300k bulbs, so another excursion into the depths of my kizashI is imminent.
If they have a blue hue, those are more likely 6000K or even 8000K.

Typically, it goes like this:
3000K = Gold, yellow
4300K = Warm white, tinge of yellow. OEM HID color.
5000K = Pure white.
6000K = Cool white, tinge of blue.
8000K = Noticeable blue hue.
Etc., but anything above 8000K is near useless for light output. Even 8000K is pushing it for adequate road illumination.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

KuroNekko wrote: I'm curious about their operation in DRL mode.
There's no such mode on Australian Kizashi's.
David
bootymac

Hazardous wrote:To be honest, I think I was supplied with the wrong bulbs. I ordered 4300k and these lights have a definite blue hue, which robs them of much needed depth of light. Guessing they are 5000's.........

Apparently the bulbs can take a few hours of operation to "break in" to become the correct color
~tc~

KuroNekko wrote:

How does it look with the HIDs in the high beams? I'm curious about their operation in DRL mode. Generally, putting HIDs as high beams is not advised due to warm-up time that HID bulbs require and the sporadic nature of high beam usage.
My guess is you get really bright DRL with a shitty pattern. (Basically, high beam on all the time since HIDs are not dimmable)
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Hazardous

~tc~ wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:

My guess is you get really bright DRL with a shitty pattern. (Basically, high beam on all the time since HIDs are not dimmable)
As murcod said, Aussie spec kizashi's don't have DRL mode.
2010 Kizashi XLS
1998 Vitara SWB 2.0L
bootymac

After a year of ownership, I finally paired my phone with the Kizashi for BT audio :lol: