Kizashi Paint Chip Problem !!!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kegard

ninjarob wrote:I've had it with my Kizashi. I had chipping all over the car. Front, sides, rear trunk, roof. Suzuki agreed to repaint the entire car. They took it in over 2 months ago. The car is STILL NOT DONE!

I have been without my car for over 2 months. It's not even worth having anymore. I bought the car to use it. I'm making payments on it, and I can't even drive it. Now it won't even have factory paint on it. Suzuki will not return any phone calls to me. Their customer service line is a joke and VERY UNHELPFUL.

I'm sure the value of my car has declined enough that I will not be able to afford to trade it in, so I'll have to live with a brand new, repainted car if I ever get it back. I hate Suzuki at this point. I think they should buy the car back and let met move on.
That is absolutely unacceptable. I assume you are working with Suzuki corporate and already have a case open? If so I would complain up the ladder until you get a manager on the phone who will help you with this.

My experience was very good. Corporate agreed to repaint my hood, bumper and fenders after having a rep look at the car. They worked with my local dealer, who in turned worked with the local body shop of my choice. I've worked with my body shop before and they had my car done in 4 days. And Suzuki took care of the cost of a loaner car.

I had to jump through some hoops, but corporate, the dealer, and the paint shop were all good to work with, and I am very happy with the paint job. Over 3,000 miles after the paint job and the car looks great still.
2011 GTS manual

former life:
Tuned 2007 Subaru Forester XT auto
Tuned 2005 Subaru WRX manual
~tc~

On your black Kizashi, what do you mean by "scratches"?

Black cars (any black car) will show swirl marks and all sorts of things if you aren't SUPER careful with how you wash/wax it.

That said, this paint doesn't seem to be very "hard" and all kinds of things seem to stick to it.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
ninjarob

Yes I have a case open. The car has been in the paint shop for over 2 months now. I talked to the shop today and they said it will NOT be done this week yet. Corporate doesn't seem to care. I have called and called but no one wishes to help me. I have NOT received a lender car either. I already had a second car, so they were off the hook on that. But at this point I feel totally screwed by Suzuki. Making payments on this car, all the while it's depreciating and I can't even use it. No one cares. I'm not sure what else to do.
Lip

these scratches are small and show white through the black paint already - I'm worried that its the under coat - I always am very careful with washing my cars. I've had Mazda's (Red 6 and Black SP23) all my life and I've never had any paint issues (someone even keyed my car and it was buffed out), yet on the Kizashi a small scratch shows whitish paint....
kegard

TC has a good point. I owned Black Pearl Subaru WRX, and my god if that car didn't show a million scratches all the time. A buff and wax would help, but I swear that dust would put very small marks in the paint.

Black is my favorite car color but I don't know that I'd buy another just because of the work involved with keeping it nice looking.
2011 GTS manual

former life:
Tuned 2007 Subaru Forester XT auto
Tuned 2005 Subaru WRX manual
JakeRam

I happened to walk by a Suzuki red, non-Kizashi at lunch today, and had just been reading this thread so took special notice of it when I saw the paint chips in the hood. They were all over. More so toward the front of course, but some up near the windshield as well - where no bra, clear or otherwise would be. I also noticed that even though there were many chips in the hood, there were none in the plastic bumper.
Moto
Site Admin

Should probably leave them a note the next time you see it :)...
tigerbangs54

Yes, I had a paint-chip problem, and Yes, Suzuki fixed it for me at no cost to me, and also gave me a free rental car. All you really need to do is to ask. The dealership itself us usually a bad place to start, as not all are equally cooperative, however, if you contact Suzuki of America in California and explain your situation, they will begin the process for you, and will expedite your repair. I was very satisfied with the process, and, despite the paint chips, am highly satisfied with my Kizashi.
ninjarob

I STILL do not have my Kizashi back. It's now going on 11 weeks. This is an extreme amount of time to repaint a brand new car. Pushing 3 months of making car payments, car insurance and having the car depreciate. What can I do?
Moto
Site Admin

:( depending on state it may qualify as a lemon, but I really don't know.