Kizashi Paint Chip Problem !!!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
AlexRuiz

I have a white water pearl metallic. When I picked the car I noticed one not so small chip in the lower part of the rear right door fender. The chip is going all the way to the bare metal. This is the same location pointed by many as trouble spot.

The car already got to 2300 miles, and that is so far the only one. I suspect there was something at the Sagara plant that botched the paint application in that spot.

I got 3 or 4 very small chips that I have "collected" on the hood and the front fascia. Those ones are undoubtely little flying rocks on the road. They just go through the clear coat, and stop at the mid coat.

The white water pearl metallic is a tri-coat paint. Yes, the same kind of paint application that other manufacturers charge almost $1k additional comes as the only color in the base Kizashi... go figure if Suzuki got a heck of a deal in the tri-coat white.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
bcb

Reading this thread with interest.
I am in Australia and own a AWD Sport in silver. I too was very concerned about the paint problems before I bought the car. I have now done over 9000KM and happy to say not 1 chip.
The car was built in May 2010.
Great car, still not sure about the variable auto gearbox. Another 30 or 40 more KW would be nice.
Mr Suzuki how about a 3.0 or 3.5L V6 option next model. The AWD suspension would certainly handle it easily. Give those WRX's a whipping.
chazyouwin

February 2010 manufacture date, and grey, which I guess according to the dealer above puts me in the danger zone. However, 400 miles so far and no chips,
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Northernstar

bought my car about a week ago and it has roughly 300km on it only. Both rear passenger door sills have got several paint chips already. The car is snowflake white pearl and was made in June 2010. Going to bring the car to dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say about this.
Ronzuki

I can't even imagine what my rockers look like with the daily barrage of anti-skid & salt coming off the tires. I drive as slow as I can, but it just sounds horrible driving down the road...I still haven't put the mud guards on (waiting for temps to warm up before painting). Figures, the year I get a nice, new, low to the ground car, and we have the winter from hell going on.
Last edited by Ronzuki on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
AlexRuiz

Northernstar wrote:bought my car about a week ago and it has roughly 300km on it only. Both rear passenger door sills have got several paint chips already. The car is snowflake white pearl and was made in June 2010. Going to bring the car to dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say about this.
This is no good :(
I have the same color, and if true, out of the window the hypothesis that is only some specific colors... I'll recheck today.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
Northernstar

AlexRuiz wrote:
Northernstar wrote:bought my car about a week ago and it has roughly 300km on it only. Both rear passenger door sills have got several paint chips already. The car is snowflake white pearl and was made in June 2010. Going to bring the car to dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say about this.
This is no good :(
I have the same color, and if true, out of the window the hypothesis that is only some specific colors... I'll recheck today.
went to the dealer today and all they can say is they can't warrant anything since there's no defect in paint. The rock chips are due to all the rocks that were put on the road for winter. They gave me a suzuki customer line and that's the end of that. Right now the car has 400km on it and 6 rock chips and still counting.
suzukifun

If your azure gray metallic or vivid red Kizashi's paint is chipping excessively and you have low miles on it, take it to the dealer and demand they have it repaired. If you don't get satisfaction from the dealer, call Suzuki customer relations.
chest3r

:( Azure grey, 05/2010 manufacture date and I have the rear door chips on both sides with bare metal showing through. Almost looks like if the rear doors sat out a couple millimeters, it wouldn't expose those corners to road debris. Hooray for living on dirt roads!

Updated pics, just the corners, the rest are dirt specks:

Driver side/Passenger side
ImageImage
Last edited by chest3r on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
gmkizashi

Just noticed today my hood is chipping. Not happy, add me to the list.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey