Kizashi Paint Chip Problem !!!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
vanclot

Has any one in Canada had any results in them repairing the paint chips on my car. After reading this thread. I went to look at my car and they are starting to show up on the front hood and one on the front driver fender.
Northernstar

the dealership repainted my car under warranty but didn't supply me with loaner car which i have to pay out of pocket, not too happy about that
ninjarob

I did FINALLY receive my Kizashi back after 11 weeks. The paint quality? Poor! I would think, waiting 11 weeks would have produced better results. Here's a link to a video I put on Youtube:

[youtube][/youtube]

While the paint is super glossy, you can see pits, runs or eyeballs in the new paint. It's very noticeable and you can very much tell the vehicle was repainted just by looking at it. How embarrassing to have a brand new vehicle with paint quality like this.
kskizashi

Finaly got the OK to repaint my entire car. Body shop manager said the paint is about half the thickness it should be, 2-4 mils, so no surprise it's chipping. He showed me the thickness on a Pacifica and it's 8-10 mils thick. Got the impression that the only way to fix it right is to go down to the metal and re do it right.
2010 Kizashi GTS AWD Vivid Red
ninjarob

Just an update. Some areas of the new paint are chipping. The roof and sides of the car are beginning to flake off. The body shop that repainted it, feels there is a problem with the primer from the factory. Suzuki refuses to do anything more about it. I contacted a lawyer and I hope that after waiting 11 weeks for the car to be returned to me, and the fact that the paint is peeling again, with only a few hundred miles on it, something will be done soon. True hate for Suzuki is starting to take place. They should take better responsibility for their manufacturing problem. While the car is a nice driving and handling vehicle, the poor paint quality really bothers me. I don't want a car that is always going into the body shop for repair, leaving me to find my own means of other transportation. This is costly and unacceptable.
kskizashi

Got my Kizashi back a couple of days ago and there are a few issues with the repaint that need fixed. I went from the body shop to the showroom floor and told the GM when he is ordering 2012's order me a replacement for my 2010, same color, options etc... and I would trade in my 2010. Hoping the paint issue has been resolved by Suzuki and that the cars rolling off the line now have a decent paint job.
2010 Kizashi GTS AWD Vivid Red
Lip

quick update - Suzuki Aus checked the car then they sent a letter explaining its all fine - I didn't agree and spoke to the National Customer Service Manager and they organised Dupont (spelling), who are the paint suppliers to come out and check the car - all happened on Wed so fingers crossed.
JakeRam

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but wanted to post while I was thinking of it...had the Kizzy in for it's complimentary first oil change and was talking to the service guy about the clear bra I'd installed and why and while not quite saying there was actually a problem, hinted that red was the color to worry about. Although looking back a page, "gmkizashi's" is clearly not red....
Moto
Site Admin

I think just about every color has a had a problem at some point.
MrMayhem4

I just got mine painted, hood, fenders and trunk all under warranty. Mine is red...