SUZUKI No charge 3-month Maintenance program

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

Got a call from Suzuki today to make sure purchase went well, but they also mentioned to take advantage of this program....it's nice, I didn't know if everybody else knew about it.

http://www.suzukiauto.com/about_suzuki/ ... enance.php
NJKizashi

I guess it's nice :?: for chicks or Schmuck guys who dont like to get their hands dirty...But I can train a Chimp :lol: to do all those things, plus I change my Own Oil..cause I like to know whats going into my Engine 8-)
Moto
Site Admin

I typically agree with NJ.

I've had nothing, but trouble with shops.
Errors:
Minor, but could have been major if I didn't always check their work:
- Stripped my oil plug, and didn't tell me.
- Put a hole in my air filter while "checking it" and didn't tell me.
- Over charged for oil. (wrong kind)

Medium:
- Tried to charge me a disposal fee on my tires when they had been instructed to put the old ones in the back of my car, and then made it sound like it was a big deal to find my tires in their pile when they had been there less than 30 min, and they are an oddball low profile size. (They would have resold them because I was able to put another 30,000 on the other two in the set)
So far I've had good luck buying tires from tirerack.com, and I now use the local tech school for mounting an balancing. At least that way the teacher checks their work.

Major Fuckups:
Warranty work.
- Car sucked a small screw from my air intake inside the engine and was pinging up and down on top of the piston. The car was later recalled for the problem, but I was one of the ones who found the problem the hard way.

- The whole top end of engine had to be taken apart to remove screw. * The shop failed to replace O-rings on injectors. Later I discovered gas running down the manifold at 2 a.m. 20 miles from home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, nobody touches my car other me than and occasionally my father. I napped a copy of technical Service manual off the net, and I almost always buy any specialty tools I need because I figure it saves me time, and money in the long run.

This was all on my Mazda Protege 5 which I have been driving since 2003. (Good car other than the screw thing.)

Currently 91K on the car.
Minor maintenance projects:
- Swap studded snow tires off. (we'll see what the forecast is for this week)
- Repair cracked plastic guard under car. (Result of stray ice chunk on dark highway)

Substantial maintenance projects planned for summer:
- Timing Belt [Currently using original]
- Struts rear, and possibly front. (A summer of heavy loads on Wyoming back roads is not great for a car) [Currently using original]
- Breaks [Currently using original] I engine break a lot...

The protege will probably always be my backup car.
vwoom

Moto wrote:- Car sucked a small screw from my air intake inside the engine and was pinging up and down on top of the piston. The car was later recalled for the problem, but I was one of the ones who found out the hard way.
:shock:
Moto wrote:- Whole top end of engine taken apart to remove screw. * Failed to replace O-rings on injectors. Later I discovered gas running down the manifold at 2 a.m. 20 miles from home
:shock: :evil:
NJKizashi

Moto wrote:I typically agree with NJ.

I've had nothing, but trouble with shops.
Errors:
Minor, but could have been major if I didn't always check their work:
- Stripped my oil plug, and didn't tell me.
- Put a hole in my air filter while "checking it" and didn't tell me.
- Over charged for oil. (wrong kind)

Medium:
- Tried to charge me a disposal fee on my tires when they had been instructed to put the old ones in the back of my car, and then made it sound like it was a big deal to find my tires in their pile when they had been there less than 30 min, and they are an oddball low profile size. (They would have resold them because I was able to put another 30,000 on the other two in the set)
So far I've had good luck buying tires from tirerack.com, and I now use the local tech school for mounting an balancing. At least that way the teacher checks their work.

Major Fuckups:
Warranty work.
- Car sucked a small screw from my air intake inside the engine and was pinging up and down on top of the piston. The car was later recalled for the problem, but I was one of the ones who found the problem the hard way.

- The whole top end of engine had to be taken apart to remove screw. * The shop failed to replace O-rings on injectors. Later I discovered gas running down the manifold at 2 a.m. 20 miles from home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, nobody touches my car other me than and occasionally my father. I napped a copy of technical Service manual off the net, and I almost always buy any specialty tools I need because I figure it saves me time, and money in the long run.

This was all on my Mazda Protege 5 which I have been driving since 2003. (Good car other than the screw thing.)

Currently 91K on the car.
Minor maintenance projects:
- Swap studded snow tires off. (we'll see what the forecast is for this week)
- Repair cracked plastic guard under car. (Result of stray ice chunk on dark highway)

Substantial maintenance projects planned for summer:
- Timing Belt [Currently using original]
- Struts rear, and possibly front. (A summer of heavy loads on Wyoming back roads is not great for a car) [Currently using original]
- Breaks [Currently using original] I engine break a lot...

The protege will probably always be my backup car.

Just Keep all receipts for the work you do on your Car..Oil & Shit..and for the Kizashi, I hope, that's all we'll need to do on a Reg basis to keep it running good...besides all the usual wear & tear items, and Trans Oil when that time comes. 8-)
Senegal

I wish I had the time or the place to do this...but the dealer is really awesome, I will probably supply them with RP synthetic oil + filter and have them change it. Kizashi by the way uses the same oil filter as SX4 ( I am told)