New Books Reveal Vehicle Paint Quality Flaws Associated with

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
avmustang

I love the everything about the Kizashi. However, there is a dirty little secret out there among almost all automakers. They need to be called out on it. Recalls are unlikely because it is not safety-related. I'm not trying to sell you anything. In fact, I don't even own this book. But, you need to take a look.

http://www.mmdnewswire.com/vehicle-pain ... -6280.html

I even went so far as to contact someone who bought the book.

I asked him this............

My Question: "Prior to purchasing, what specific paint data should I request from a dealer to ensure a vehicle does not have a defective paint job? I haven't bought the book, because this is the only question I am seeking an answer to at this point. If you can help my in any way, I would greatly appreciate it"

Hi Answer: "Dealers may not have this info at their disposal. The book suggests starting with a "durability analysis" request from the dealer where the vehicle "was purchased." It would probably lead to a request from the paint supplier at the plant where it was built. Zestar states that lost or unavailable paint data may be available in their database. You say you want data 'prior to purchasing' but you would need to narrow your focus on the specific car you are interested in. Paint details can vary by year, model, and color. A dealer may have no interest in helping you prior to purchase. Zestar might be able to help, but you might need details about the vehicle (including the VIN) to back track the data. Best to contact Zestar to find out how to get this info. The data won't make much sense to you anyway unless you understand what it means. The book makes sense of what it is all about and why. Good Luck".