Finally took the time to give the Kizashi a look

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Darrin

First, let me say I really like the car. I wish the exterior styling was a little more edgy, especially the front, but overall I would like to own one.

I have owned two Suzuki's in the past, both SX4s. I currently drive a 2009 Legacy, which I am very happy with, but I am completely addicted to buying cars. A very expensive habit that I can seem to break. Oh well, I guess there are worse things in life. :)

I am seriously thinking of buying a GTS manual, maybe even today. I am working out the financial part with the dealership, and I will need a pretty fantastic deal to make me pull the trigger. I think we may come to an agreement. I just really hate the amount of money I spend buying cars, and here I go again with the Legacy.

Anyway, from what I can tell here the biggest complaint the new owners have with the Kizashi is the paint. Has anyone else had any other issues?

Also, what car did you own prior to buying your Kizashi, and how does your insurance compare from your former car to our Suzuki? I realize should just call my insurance agent for a quote, but I thought I would try to get a pulse here first.

And, are you guys afraid Suzuki will pull out of the US? Or, are you concerned your local dealer will close its doors? I am in Indianapolis, and there are three Suzuki dealerships, which seems better than most cities.

I would greatly appreciate your insight and comments.

Thanks!

Darrin
Zen RN

Hi Darrin,

Well, I just picked mine up today, but the dealership had let me take it for an overnight test drive (if you can believe that!), and since it is an hour's drive each way, I've already put 200 miles on it. I went for the SLS 6speed in Platinum.

My previous car, which I bought when it was 1 year old, was a 98 Honda CR-V, which I still have, and currently has 188 K on it. I'm keeping that for my daughter who will start driving next year, and I think it will be a good started car for her.

My car insurance did go up, mostly because I had to add collision to my policy, but honestly it didn't go up as much as I thought it would. I had comprehensive on my CR-V, but not collision, so adding the collision will increase my premium by around $200/6 months. But I have a clear driving record, and only drive it for pleasure, so you may just be better off getting an actual quote.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

-Diana
flipside

The paint issue is not isolated to the Kizashi.

http://www.subcompactculture.com/2009/0 ... paint.html

My previous car was a 2006 VW Jetta TDI and my insurance did go up. I am in Canada and we pay a lot for auto insurance.
2014 MB GLK350 4Matic - Hers - replaced 2009 SX4 JX
2011 BMW 328i Xdrive - Repaced Kizashi
2012 Grand Vitara JX - Sis - replaced 2009 SX4 Sedan MT
2011 Kizashi Silver - Mine (RIP) will be missed
mkaresh

The Kizashi is an unknown, so insurance companies will probably charge a little more than if they had claims data on it. This said, rates could come down if their estimated losses turn out to have been too high.
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability, real-world fuel economy, and price comparisons