First 500 miles - first impressions...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Zen RN

Hi Everyone,

I've now put a bit over 500 miles on my 6-speed, front wheel drive SLS, so I thought I'd post my impressions.

Dealer filled my car up with 190 miles on it (I put most of them on when I took it for an overnight test drive), so I'm not sure what octane they put in, and I don't think they topped it off like I usually do, but for the first fill-up I did today I had 364.8 miles (almost all highway and rural, hilly roads), and with a good top-off I put in 13.097 gallons, giving me an average of 27.85 mpg. The digital readout in the car says 29.2 mpg with an average speed of 42 mph, which makes me think the discrepancy is just because I really top it off when I fill it. I filled it with 89 octane, and I'll post my mileage the next time I need a fillup if it is significantly different.

The first thing I really noticed is how quiet it is. I thought I was going about 45-50mph, when I really was going about 73mph! This car's gonna get me in trouble!! The clutch has just the right amount of resistance, changing gears is smooth, acceleration is brisk.

I have the premium paint (platinum silver metallic), and it just has a beautiful luster to it. It almost glows. The seats are super comfortable. I took a trip this weekend, 2 hours each way, and usually my neck and shoulders would be killing me after so much driving, but I felt no fatigue at all. The telescoping steering wheel helps alot because I'm tall and like to have the seat back pretty far, and with the steering wheel adjustments, I can make it so that my arms are in a comfortable position, and not stretched way out, which causes the fatigue and and makes my neck and shoulders scream. Not a bit of pain during this 4 hour trip.

One thing I really wish my Kizashi had would be speed-sensitive volume adjustment on the radio. Otherwise, the Rockford-Fosgate audio is FANTASTIC! I have become one of those people whose bass you can hear coming from a mile away!!

The only thing I think Suzuki could improve would be the overall visibility from inside the car. There are significant blind spots that you have to account for in certain situations. The normal blind spots are there, but there's also some interference from the columns that frame the windshield, and, oddly, the rear-view mirror can be an issue also. This is just something to be aware of, but not a major issue.

I'm really reaching to find any criticism here. I'm still on the "Honeymoon" so things may come up, but so far....BLISS!

Hope this is helpful.

Diana
Senegal

the radio does have the speed sensitive volume adjustment...you can choose the sensitivity between 3 levels...check it out in the manual

I put about 2600 miles on my SLS AWD driving from OH to OR this past week. I didn't make as many stops as I thought I would. MPG over the trip was about 27 for doing mostly 80mph, the car was also packed with 2 large suitcases each weighing at least 60lbs, and 350 lbs worth of human flesh/bones.

Not a single mechanical problem, current mileage at 4500.

by the way, stopped in salt lake city for free first oil change offered by suzuki.
Zen RN

Thanks for the tip! I'm still getting to know all the features. I was really scratching my head thinking, "Why didn't they include that?" Glad to know I have that feature.

It took us (myself and my 14-year old daughter) a few minutes to figure out how to control the iPod with the stereo buttons, but I found it in the manual easily enough.

-Diana
NJKizashi

Coming up on 7000 miles on my SLS...cept for a few paint chips here & there...running like a Top !!....Great Car !! 8-)