Transmission Problems

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
RickStar

We just purchased a new GTS on Saturday, April 10th. On Tuesday 13th with 240 miles the service engine light came on and the car lost all power. Engine was running but going no where. Transmission issue I guess....Dealership still has the car trying to figure out what the issue is.
NJKizashi

A Rare Gremlin in the works
Attachments
gremlin_logo.jpg
gremlin_logo.jpg (5.96 KiB) Viewed 8365 times
Moto
Site Admin

I assume you have a CVT from your description, but make sure to let us know how things turn out. I have a feeling they might just give you a new car, but maybe they will tell you what they find wrong.

If it lost all power, but still tried to move it could have got suck in a high gear ratio, but I really don't see how that could happen.

It sounds like a fairly serious defect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sup NJkizashi long time no see (I may not have been paying attention). I deleted your duplicate attachment.
RickStar

Yes, we have the CVT. Dealership says it's a TCM (transmission control module) that's gone bad. He ordered a new one and we should be back in the car in a couple days. Just for info......he had a brand new Accord in the shop with less miles than ours that broke down on Tuesday, the same day that someone bought it. I guess this kind of stuff happens, but I sure do hate it with a passion. My wife is ready to hurt someone. We bought it for her to drive.
Senegal

that's interesting. You should have a free rental car as long as the dealer has the car....it's part of the 3yr warranty.
RickStar

UPDATE:
Dealer has car fixed now. It was the Transmission Control Module. (fancy name for computer) They are going to run it tomorrow, fill it with gas, clean it up and give it back to us probably Sat. morning or late tomorrow evening. The did give us a Jetta to use while they were working on it. Dealership did as good as one would expect. They called each day with an update. Darn, I'm hoping this is just a fluke. I'm also glad it wasn't a mechnical problem.
NJKizashi

Good to hear it went well...Having the dealer/Suzuki give you a rental car to use while a Gremlin is getting fix is Top notch !! ;)
RickStar

Well, it went south again. Same problem. Suzuki Tech is coming to the dealership. Service Engine Soon light came on just like as before yesterday morning 4/19. We put 160 miles on it over the weekend. Everything was perfect until Monday morning. Dealership took VW to my wife's work so she wouldn't have to drive the Kizzy home. She works 65 miles from the dealership. Dealership is really working hard to make things right. The real question is: What should Suzuki do to make things right? We love the car. We don't want another make or model. Suzuki Tech has suggested to replace the transmission since they don't know exactly what's wrong with this one and what's making it fail. I would enjoy some comments from you guys about what you think the "right" thing is for Suzuki to do. Will Suzuki do the "right" thing, or not. The decision is their's and we'll see... :(
NJKizashi

Give em one more Shot at it..if it's not a Mech. issue with the trans, and just a software/computer issue..have them swap you another comp. if that dont work....Lemon Law it, and get a new one.

Your Dealer sound like he's trying...it's not his fault....it seems 8-)
sunergo7

sorry to hear about that kizashi issue.. i do have an issue too tho :( in the first 500 miles of my kizashi. I had a hard start problem. I tried to make it start 3 times until it worked.. I went to the suzuki service center( New Hyde Park, New York) and had it checked up. They said, it was fixed and it won't happen again. But it did happen again just today 04-28-10. One click to start but seems like it's not getting in, more like the car is choking, probably about 3-5 sec. before it finally started. I don't think the issue is the cold weather, don't you think? Kizashi is even built for the "snow". Hopefully they would fix this. Plan to go to the service center again..