What color is your Kizashi, & do you have paint chips ?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
avdmustang

Just trying to figure out of the paint chipping problem is limited to Azure Gray Metallic, or if all colors are susceptible.

So, if you have a Kizashi, what color is it, and is your paint chipping?
Amedia1

Mine is platinum silver. Nothing noteworthy so far...even with a daily 60 mile roundtrip commute.
Senegal

Black Pearl Metallic

Yes, chips at edges of door seals of the rear passenger as well as the hood
NJKizashi

Azure Gray...lots of chips on the front/hood edge :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

http://www.drcolorchip.com/
uforaverwill

Amedia1 wrote:Mine is platinum silver. Nothing noteworthy so far...even with a daily 60 mile roundtrip commute.

I have the same color but my commute is only 20 miles round-trip.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
stapletondoc

The honeymoon period is certainly over for me.

I have Platinum Silver....and there are a few small paint chips in the front, on the driver's door, and the rear bumper. I also have had an issue with the paint on one of the rims. The dealership in Colorado and American Suzuki could care less. I've tried to be calm and somewhat forgiving about the whole thing....but now....now, I am just flat out angry.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
JFCiocca

Black Pearl Metallic

Purchased Mid-December 2009 right out of the showroom. I signed up for the local car wash's unlimited wash club and had this vehicle washed nearly daily (as needed). Yes, chips at edges of door seals of the rear passenger (low edge of rear fender flare behind door) as well as the hood. :?
avmustang

I emailed the one of the top PR people for American Suzuki last week about this paint defect. I have yet to hear back though. I also think I have the correct email of the VP of American Suzuki, so I emailed him also. We'll see if I get a reply from either. I will post it if that happens. They need to be called out on this. Such a beautiful and well made car. I think it would be perfect if it weren't for this paint defect.

This is what I wrote in my email.....................................

"There is a common problem with many manufacturers these days. They are outsourcing the painting of the vehicle to companies who come to the plant to do the job. These companies who do the paint work, skimp on quality (ex. not applying enough coats, or skipping vital painting process steps) and therefore most vehicles are not painted to thickness specifications. It is a major problem that results in paint that chips, peels, bubbles, and scratches very easily. There's even been a book written about paint defects, based on research done by the Zestar Corporation, a company that specializes in automotive paint research.

Anyhow, I have been reading on the site KizashiClub.com, and there are several Kizashi owners that are having paint chipping problems with ordinary driving. This is stopping me from getting a Kizashi, and it is the only thing that is. I know this is a manufacturing defect that you have no direct control over, but I was hoping you could contact somebody at Suzuki to let them know what is happening on the "front lines". It is all over the Kizashi Club forum, and dealers can't do anything about it. It is a shame, because I love everything else about that car.

There are going to be a lot of customers furious when they notice the major paint chipping in their new Kizashis. Like I said, Scion/Toyota, Mitsubishi, Honda, Kia, Ford, any many others have had in the past or are currently having this problem with their vehicles. Since it is not safety-related, there's no chance of a recall. This defect doesn't appear to be limited to any certain color either; owners of black, grey, and silver have reported paint chipping from various areas of the Kizashi.

Please let me know if there's anyone you can forward this to as there is no doubt the Kizashi is the victim of a defective paint job/process."
avmustang

If those of you who have been affected could post close-up pictures of the damage (I've seen one on here already), I think it might help.
sloopercat

My guess it has to do with cost of material and enviro regs more than the folks applying it. I work for a paint manufacturer, the appearance of the paint job is not that great to begin with, but for the price of the car......