Potential new kizashi owner

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
bj0987

One of the draw cards to the kizashi was how solid it felt. Road noise was heaps quieter than say the Mazda 6 and SP25 we drove.
Only things holding me back at this stage is the lack of bluetooth and I am unsure with the CVT never having owned one
killerKizashi

Hey. I have a new 2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS I went from a 2011 ford flex too the Suzuki Kizashi And I love it. The braking is great and it hugs the road also wih the 2.4 motor you get good MPG at 187 HP thats not bad it could use a little more power. VW is now working with Suzuki so you get alot of german engineering like bosch break system and they also helped with the 2.4 motor and the CVT also the AWD system
MNSLS

VW might not be too happy with Suzuki. Seems Suzuki might be turning towards Fiat.
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news ... index.html
chazyouwin

Actually, attributing Kizashi technology to the VW-Suzuki "partnership" is an error. I think basically all of the technology, to the extent it might have been shared, came from the GM-Suzuki tie-up. The Buick Regal seems very similar. The Suzuki-Fiat tie-ups are more logical I think - the SX4 has a sister Fiat vehicle and Fiat supplies some diesel engines.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
chazyouwin

Some early discussion of the Kizashi provenance in the notes to this article: http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2010 ... zashi.html

I guess we all just don't know. However, given the timing of the VW tie-up, I doubt very much any VW technology made it into the Kizashi.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
kizashi_VA

If Bluetooth is very big deal, then look for one that has Bluetooth option. I don't know about 2010s. For 2012s, GTS and SLS trims both have Bluetooth option.

About the CVT. Its purpose is to make trans smooth, stay quite, and save gas. If you like to hear a loud engine, rev very high, and burn lots gas then CVT is not for you. Some trims have dual clutch, so you can always change from CVT to manual if you hate CVT that much.

People buy Kizashi for different reasons. Me personally stick with Suzuki it's because they offer the best valued AWD cars in the market. Now if you gave me enough money then I would had gotten a Maserati Quattroporte AWD instead.
whiteliner

In reply to killerr Kizashi, the brakes on the kizashi are not bosch but made by Akebono who make the brakes for the bullet train in Japan so great stopping power. The Kizashi is a fully in house design and manufacture by Suzuki thats why its so good. In UK it only comes as a sport and only 500 coming in this year hopefully the range will be extended fully to estate and hatch with a range of power units. If Suzuki keep up this standard as with both the Kizashi and new Swift there onto winners. :D :D :D :D :D