Subtle Suzuki Advertising

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Puppy80

I went to see Resident Evil last night and noticed Suzuki had a billboard in the movie. I was watching the movie and noticed this billboard in the background when the characters are making their way through New York in the middle of times square was a billboard saying something like "Taking on the big guys" with a sexy red Kizy
Firefly

That's "product placement". Good for us, this time.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
hotdog

Not going so well- 'taking on the big guys', eh? My best wishes are with them. They got good products. Hope the grow in the US. Driven suzuki most of my life ....
n8dogg

Revisiting an old thread...

My son was watching Resident Evil last night and noticed the same billboard. Commented it was the same color and trim as mine. I Googled "Kizashi Resident Evil" and found a picture of the scene on reddit. The billboard reads,

"PICKS ON CARS TWICE ITS PRICE"

I love it!
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
KlutzNinja

But the Kizashi itself isn’t parked somewhere in the background or driven by an extra? Just asking because I’ve never seen the RE films and don’t plan to lol.
When automakers sponsor films they sometimes flood their cars into the background. Case in point: Marvel. GM sponsored Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and in some scenes every car is some kind of GM, even defunct brands like Saturn. Or in the first Avengers film, which was sponsored by Acura, SHIELD drives various Acura models, even the funky ZDX. And there’s a moment in the final battle where an abandoned Acura is just sitting prominently right in focus.
Honestly it would have been hilarious if Suzuki backed a Marvel film and had that same kind of effect. Imagine if SHIELD used Kizashis and Grand Vitaras :lol:
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
SAEED_KIZZY

KlutzNinja wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:48 pm But the Kizashi itself isn’t parked somewhere in the background or driven by an extra? Just asking because I’ve never seen the RE films and don’t plan to lol.
When automakers sponsor films they sometimes flood their cars into the background. Case in point: Marvel. GM sponsored Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and in some scenes every car is some kind of GM, even defunct brands like Saturn. Or in the first Avengers film, which was sponsored by Acura, SHIELD drives various Acura models, even the funky ZDX. And there’s a moment in the final battle where an abandoned Acura is just sitting prominently right in focus.
Honestly it would have been hilarious if Suzuki backed a Marvel film and had that same kind of effect. Imagine if SHIELD used Kizashis and Grand Vitaras :lol:
That's why Marvel movies suck :lol:
n8dogg

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:34 pm
That's why Marvel movies suck :lol:
LOL! :lol: I don't actually have any thing for or against Marvel...I just love the response though!
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
KlutzNinja

Uh-oh, we got a DC fan here lol :drive:
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)