Left Projector H7 Bulb Out...HELP !!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
NJKizashi

Hey Guys,
For the life of me I cant get the Clip that holds in the H7 Bulb on the "Left" side lamp out.

I know it's just a matter of getting your Hand in there, I feel the clip, I did exactly what the Owners Manual says....But that Friggin Clip does not want to let loose of the Bulb... !!! :evil:

Any Suggestions ????
babacu

NJKizashi wrote:Hey Guys,
For the life of me I cant get the Clip that holds in the H7 Bulb on the "Left" side lamp out.

I know it's just a matter of getting your Hand in there, I feel the clip, I did exactly what the Owners Manual says....But that Friggin Clip does not want to let loose of the Bulb... !!! :evil:

Any Suggestions ????
It's not the easiest task, unfortunately, but it can be done (I've done it three times already, and struggled quite a bit each time). I'd suggest you practice on the right side lamp to get a feeling of how the clip releases (you'd probably want to replace both bulbs at the same time anyway) and, once you have a clear mental image of what you have to do, place a couple of thick band aids on your right hand middle finger and try again. You'd have to press really hard before you can move the clip laterally, and it helps if your finger does not start to hurt. Place the index finger on top of the middle on for added force, unless you have very strong fingers.

What I found I was doing wrong was that every time I tried to move the clip laterally before pushing it all the way back and out of the hook. This is where having a bit of practice with the other, easier, lamp will help.

Good luck.

P.S. Taking the bumper off is another option, of course, you can search the forum for instructions.
murcod

Yes, removing the bumper will take a bit of time but is actually reasonably easy to do. It might be your best option as I couldn't imagine trying to do the projector bulbs with the headlights in place ( the parking lights and high beam are hard enough!)
David
NJKizashi

Thanks Guys,
Babab, thanks....I'll try the band-aid trick...I can feel & reach the clip....it's just such a stress :cry: on my fingers, that I end up giving up.

I'll keep you's posted.
agfa100

You won't be able to do it until you give blood.... Always works for me, you would think they would make this easier to do...

wbill
Vadersquest

Yeah, when its time for this I plan to pay the dealer to do it. I had my fill with a POS Forenza and I will not do it again.
jono6406

I thought if your car was under warranty they would repair it.
NJKizashi

Well, 2 months, and I finally replaced the H-7 Bulb. It wasn't me, cause I had given up, it was my Cousin, who just has a touch with all types of car, and it took him 7 minutes to unclip it. He just had the touch. !!!

Thanks Folks ~ 8-)
davidbus159

I learned when my headlights burned out (at 7 months/25,000 mi) that bulbs only have a 12,000 mi warranty, but my dealer in NC was kind enough to take care of it for me at no charge! I actually preferred the projector beams over the daytime running lights, but I have quit using the projector beams in the daytime!

2012 GTS w/27,000 miles (commute 120 roundtrip miles daily).
12 Kizashi GTS
10 Kizashi SLS
07 Charger R/T
05 325i
03 Cooper S
00 Civic Si
95 Sebring Lxi
93 325is
86 325es
87 Supra
83 Celica GTS Liftback
76 Corolla KE35 body