Window Tinting

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
mepilot322

Has anybody tinted their windows?I got a $165 quaote today, also are there any new "must have" products for tinting out there.

Thanx,

Black SLS 93 miles May 12 2010 purchase
gaww

Did that for about the same price a few weeks ago. My silver K with the black interior was getting pretty hot inside in the sun. By installing "legal" film (only blocks about 35% of visible light) it blocks even more of the heat and also UVA and UVB. Car is much cooler in the sun now.
aragon20

We got ours tinted for $220 a couple weeks after purchasing the car. We got ours done at 15% (identical to the pictures of the Kizashi on the Suzuki website) it's "slightly" illegal in my state but we have had this tint on our other vehicles and we've never gotten any gruff from the police. The back-up sensors sure do help at night :)
NJKizashi

My Gray/Azure is Tinted one step below Limo Tint..I need tint for my Job as a Insurance Fraud Investigator...If I get pulled over..I just flash my retired Cop ID/PBA Shield and or my Investigator's ID 8-)
gaww

I have been told that one thing that really makes law enforcement officers nervous in traffic stops (especially in bad neighborhoods) is heavy tinting of all windows including driver/front passenger windows, whereby they cannot see what the driver may be doing. They said they ofter order the driver and passengers out one at a time from behind the car rather then walking up to it.

That is why California has the law on the tinting of those front windows. If you leave them light, and tint the others dark - of course it looks funny. I did them all "legal", whereby they still block 70% of the heat and all the UVA/UVB.
NJKizashi

gaww wrote:I have been told that one thing that really makes law enforcement officers nervous in traffic stops (especially in bad neighborhoods) is heavy tinting of all windows including driver/front passenger windows, whereby they cannot see what the driver may be doing. They said they ofter order the driver and passengers out one at a time from behind the car rather then walking up to it.

That is why California has the law on the tinting of those front windows. If you leave them light, and tint the others dark - of course it looks funny. I did them all "legal", whereby they still block 70% of the heat and all the UVA/UVB.
True, when I use to pull over cars with dark tint I use to order them to turn on theit interior lights at night time...letting me see who ever's inside. During the day.just order the driver to get out, and cover the car while the driver is locked in the back of the patrol car in protective custody while the car is cleared.
aguila

Just got my SLS today and am looking into getting my windows tinted. Thanks for the info. Now time to find a NYS V&T law book.
volunteer

gaww wrote:Did that for about the same price a few weeks ago. My silver K with the black interior was getting pretty hot inside in the sun. By installing "legal" film (only blocks about 35% of visible light) it blocks even more of the heat and also UVA and UVB. Car is much cooler in the sun now.
Gaww....any pics of yours with tint that you could post??
gaww

No picture taken after the tint - will try to do so in a few days.
KCKizashi

Getting my Silver GTS done later this month. In Missouri the front can be done with 35% to be legal. Rear and back can be any percentange and the tint guy suggested 20% in rear to blend with the 35%. A shop in Kansas comes highly recommended and they first quoted me $200, then dropped to $180 since I'm having a clear film bra put on by a different company that recommended me to the tint shop.
When it gets done I can post pics.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD