Clear Bra and Suzuki Vinyl

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
uforaverwill

Well I any you guys need an installer let me know. I can install the 3M clear vinyl with no problem. I have 6 years of experience in the sign industry. I was thinking about covering my Kizashi with matte vinyl.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
stapletondoc

Mine has a hood clear bra that was already installed on the car when I purchased it. Not sure who manufactured it. However, I am going to find out so that I can add a clear bra that covers the entire front bumper.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
DaReaper

I just bought Kizashi on July 3. Shcheduled a appointment to get a clear bra put on on the July 9th (earliest available time). Detailed my car last night Jult 6th- already a paint chip on the hood! :( I couldn't get the clear bra put on fast enough! They don't even have touch up paint at the dealer for this car. So I guess i get it wrapped chip and all. Or should I just put a spot of auto part store paint/clear coat on it? Any suggestions, I should do it today so it can dry by the 9th.
KCKizashi

DaReaper wrote:I just bought Kizashi on July 3. Shcheduled a appointment to get a clear bra put on on the July 9th (earliest available time). Detailed my car last night Jult 6th- already a paint chip on the hood! :( I couldn't get the clear bra put on fast enough! They don't even have touch up paint at the dealer for this car. So I guess i get it wrapped chip and all. Or should I just put a spot of auto part store paint/clear coat on it? Any suggestions, I should do it today so it can dry by the 9th.
the same thing happened to me. Had a chip on the hood before I could get the vinyl installed. From what I've read about the clear films, they HIGHLY recommend a long time between painting and wrapping. The paint doesn't have to just be dry but it also has to "cure". They also have disclaimers about freshly painted cars and what their warranty covers. I wrapped mine with the chip. I figured at the least the vinyl will keep the chip from being exposed to the elements.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
gaww

I would not worry about covering a paint chip touch-up right away. They are warning about putting the film on a major paint job. i may have to wait on getting my bumper covered for that reason. I would touch -up with auto store paint and go ahead and cover it.
DaReaper

Thanks for advice, but I think I'm just gonna wrap it as is. Went to two autobody shops today and they didn't think touch up was way to go. Small chip, screw it.
Hawkzilla

I have the Suzuki vinyl hood mask, but not the bra. I LOVE it and actually prefer the look of it on over off. It has done a great job protecting my paint in that sensitive area that seems most prone to chips. I use Armor All (sp?) to darken and shine the vinyl and it looks killer when after washing the car. I strongly recommend it... and you can see it on my thread I made on my Kizashi.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
speedsterz

KCKizashi, do they sell those kits out of that location? It looks like a very good install.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Platinum Silver

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
darkse

I found this DIY kit on ebay, it is very easy to apply. I too have been in the sign industry for some time now and a little patience is all you need to install it. Also, pretty cheap compared to the $500-$700 some have posted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-K ... ccessories
KCKizashi

speedsterz wrote:KCKizashi, do they sell those kits out of that location? It looks like a very good install.
This company doesn't use a kit. They have huge rolls of the film and just stretch the sheet across whatever panel or part then custom fit it. The advantage of this process is it doesn't leave the 1/8" edge exposed like the kits do. This company wrapped the edges.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD