10,000 Miles in a Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
NJKizashi

I hit the 10K mark today...No mechanical or electrical Gremlins of any type..Put in my K&N Filter, and you'll feel & see right away that your engine will rev somewhat quicker and reach those 6-Grand on Ramp screams))))) faster :D
Senegal

nice update ;)

any improvement on gas mileage with synthetic oil or K&N air filter that you could notice?

thanks

@8,000 trouble free miles
Hawkzilla

NJKizashi wrote:I hit the 10K mark today...No mechanical or electrical Gremlins of any type..Put in my K&N Filter, and you'll feel & see right away that your engine will rev somewhat quicker and reach those 6-Grand on Ramp screams))))) faster :D
I am considering the K&N filter... you can feel a noticeable difference?
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
NJKizashi

Senegal wrote:nice update ;)

any improvement on gas mileage with synthetic oil or K&N air filter that you could notice?

thanks

@8,000 trouble free miles
Gas Milage...with my Royal Purple 10w30 Synthetic...is steady at about 27 highway...I tend to "Bend" the Speed Limit, and let the CVT & car REV in manual Mode..since I really don't care about Gas prices, since I use a Company Gas Card...With the K&N Filter, I noticed an immediate difference in that the Car Revs Faster up the Tach...in Both Manual & Drive Modes. 8-)
aragon20

NJKizashi,

Since you have so many miles on your Kizashi, I thought you *may* know the answer to this one....
So sometimes at night when my car is just sitting in my garage my car starts making a weird noise, it kinda sounds like an air compressor. My husband thinks it sounds like a fuel pump. It always turns off after about 10 minutes and we haven't had any problems, I was just wondering if you had heard it and if you knew what it was?
lookin

aragon20 wrote:NJKizashi,

Since you have so many miles on your Kizashi, I thought you *may* know the answer to this one....
So sometimes at night when my car is just sitting in my garage my car starts making a weird noise, it kinda sounds like an air compressor. My husband thinks it sounds like a fuel pump. It always turns off after about 10 minutes and we haven't had any problems, I was just wondering if you had heard it and if you knew what it was?
i know u didnt ask me but will attempt to answer while ive never heard this it could be the fans still running but that is usually after driving you shut the car off and fans still running this is normal its the coolant circulating pump ..i am no expert though just taking a stab .but it shouldnt run for 10 mins
Zeid

aragon20 wrote:NJKizashi,

You're right, it is the fuel pump. When you bought your vehicle your dealer should have told you about this (a small booklet was attached to the shifter). The fuel pump will come on for a short period of time about four hours after you shut off the car. Nothing to worry about :)
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com