Ugly Orange Reflectors

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
volunteer

Has anyone checked to see if it's possible to remove those ugly orange reflectors on the front of the car?? I did a real quick P'shop job and it looks SO much better without them. Then just noticed the car on the page banner here doesn't have them. I'm guessing U.S. only?? Damn things look like mutant orange warts that mess up the look of the front end.
Attachments
DSC_6053a_s.jpg
DSC_6053_s.jpg
lookin

wow i see the difference.....nice
TheHolyGhost

I was just hoping that either clear or flush ones would become available, I'm not a fan either. I doubt they're US required. It already has side markers on the fender under the mirror anyway.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

Personally, they never have bothered me. I think the orange compliments the orange in the headlights not to mention it doesn't hurt to have a little (and it is very little) color on your ride. However, I don't really know what purpose they serve. I have noticed one of mine is mounted too tightly and it pulls the plastic bumper in slightly (of course you would only notice if you detail the car like I do weekly), so I am assuming they are mounted with a bolt which would mean you would be looking at a hole in your bumper if you removed it.

Like Ghost said, maybe they will come out with other color options or even a more subtle replacement. I am hoping they start cranking out accessories for this bad boy asap!
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
TheHolyGhost

They aren't reflectors they're lights, aren't they? If they are, I'm pretty sure they are, then there will definitely be a hole behind them for the wiring.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

If they do light up then I like them even more... I will have to check today. I guess that's how minor they are to me, I don't even know if they are lights or not! lol
KCKizashi

They illuminate when the running lights and headlights are turned on. The markers under the mirrors are the turn signals. Give someone time, I'm sure they'll come out with a clear lens and orange bulb.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
TheHolyGhost

That's what I figure. They don't bother me that much, I just wish they were clear, a little more flush would be nice too, but it's mostly because the headlights are cleared already. Plus I bet your gas mileage would improve greatly with that reduced drag ;) .
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

TheHolyGhost wrote:That's what I figure. They don't bother me that much, I just wish they were clear, a little more flush would be nice too, but it's mostly because the headlights are cleared already. Plus I bet your gas mileage would improve greatly with that reduced drag ;) .
BTW, I switched to Mobile1 and took my Kizashi out on the interstate and on level road with little wind I was getting around 36mpg at 70mph. I held that stat solid for the 10 mile stretch I was on. I also use 91 octane fuel, so I imagine that helped a little, but still, pretty impressive.
TheHolyGhost

I would say that that is very very impressive. How many miles do you have? I was looking in the manual and it looks like the suggested oil change is 7500 miles? Or do they just not list it in between the 7500 mile service intervals?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES