Now that you've had it a while...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Flyby

Just curious. What would you change about the current Kizzie? Not talking about adding what isn't there, but changing or improving what is there. For instance, is the 6-speed manual precise enough for ya? Are the seats supportive enough? Is the cabin layout driver-friendly enough? Stuff like that there. Just curious.
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
TheHolyGhost

I've had mine for a week. I like it a lot. I would make the buttons on the right side of the stereo a little easier to reach and I would make the rear door openings bigger. The transmission throws could be a little shorter but they're not terrible as is. I wish I could have had AWD, also. Overall though I really like the car so far, it's quiet, smooth, handles nicely and is just a pleasure to drive. Suzuki did a great job on this one.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Flyby

nice observations, THG. I have not driven the manual tranny. Also while test-driving, I didn't take the time to note the reach of the stereo buttons. I also agree with you about entry into the back seat. Agility is a good thing back there. I tried it out after I adjusted the driver's seat to my preference. Still, it's a LOT easier than getting into the back seat of my little WRX. Only the mother-in-law sit's back there! :lol:
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
TheHolyGhost

Flyby wrote:nice observations, THG. I have not driven the manual tranny. Also while test-driving, I didn't take the time to note the reach of the stereo buttons. I also agree with you about entry into the back seat. Agility is a good thing back there. I tried it out after I adjusted the driver's seat to my preference. Still, it's a LOT easier than getting into the back seat of my little WRX. Only the mother-in-law sit's back there! :lol:
Flyby out
Hahaha, I probably wouldn't have noticed the back seat issue until I started moving out of my apartment. The back door is small, which makes it tough to maneuver boxes and such into the back. Once you're in it's a pretty nice back seat, it's entry that's the issue. What year is your WRX? My friend has an 08 Impreza and his back doors aren't too bad.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

I'm at 2,000 miles now. Here is a list of things I would change, though these are all tedious minor annoyances:

- Less complicated rain sensor wiper settings (I never know when that damn rain sensor is on lol)

- Remove the GIANT hazard button from the middle of my stereo/temp console (why did they put it there??)

- Adjust the computer settings on the CVT to give us more jump off the line. This is my biggest beef, since acceleration from 0-15mph is pretty weak. I get the feeling they purposely set the CVT to hold back, at least it feels that way to me.

- Smaller, more advanced display on the stereo/temp control panel. What's with the huge 80's LED display?

That's my list... not bad considering I am an anal freak when it comes to annoyances.

Note: At first I thought the seats were a bit stiff, but they have broken in nicely and are very comfortable now. Also, I LOVE to drive this car. I need to go to Home Depot to get mulch and I'm actually depressed I will have to take my gf's SUV. I can honestly say this is the PERFECT car for me. I wanted something that I could get LOADED for under $30K, something that looked sporty but not too "young", and something that could handle the aggressive driving style I have. I don't think I could have found a better fit.

BIGGER NOTE: If you do buy one, look at the door tag and make sure it was manufactured on or after FEB 2010. It seems anything before that could be suspect to a bad paint job.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
TheHolyGhost

I forgot about the radio display, that definitely can get annoying. I don't have a door tag, where else could that be, under the hood maybe? I bought my car about a week ago, I don't think it was on the lot for too long, but I don't know how long they take to get here.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
gaww

Hawkzilla wrote:I'm at 2,000 miles now. Here is a list of things I would change, though these are all tedious minor annoyances:

- Adjust the computer settings on the CVT to give us more jump off the line. This is my biggest beef, since acceleration from 0-15mph is pretty weak. I get the feeling they purposely set the CVT to hold back, at least it feels that way to me.

DITTO
Flyby

TheHolyGhost wrote:
Hahaha, I probably wouldn't have noticed the back seat issue until I started moving out of my apartment. The back door is small, which makes it tough to maneuver boxes and such into the back. Once you're in it's a pretty nice back seat, it's entry that's the issue. What year is your WRX? My friend has an 08 Impreza and his back doors aren't too bad.
My REX is an 02, the first year to enter the U.S market. I got it on May 15, 2001. I can hardly get in the back seat. As you say, the door opening is small.
Hawkzilla and gaww, I hope someone at Suzuki is reading these forums, or otherwise seeking owner feedback to pass it on to the designers. It is curious that the Kizzie with a manual tranny gets five more ponies than model with the CVT. It makes me speculate that they wanted to keep the AWD unit lightweight for fuel economy reasons, but also that it may be a bit too fragile to handle more horsepower and torque as an AWD unit. That bodes poorly for a turbo-AWD with a CVT any time soon, imo. I wonder if a turbo-AWD with a 6-speed manual is possible if Suzuki adopts the VW 4-Motion AWD system?

Still, from your feedback, and general enthusiasm it looks as if Suzuki got way more things right than wrong. :D Also, I read the six-car review by that Canadian site posted elsewhere on this board. The Kiz came out on top. I think it also mentioned the tiny back doors. But from my observations, I see most people driving about by themselves anyway. Plus, as THG said once you're in there, it's a comfy back seat. ;)
Flyby out
Hawkzilla

TheHolyGhost wrote:I forgot about the radio display, that definitely can get annoying. I don't have a door tag, where else could that be, under the hood maybe? I bought my car about a week ago, I don't think it was on the lot for too long, but I don't know how long they take to get here.
It should be a little metal plate mounted inside the door frame near the bottom of your driver seat (not actually on the door). It will have the month and year it was manufactured. If yours was built in 2010, I don't think you will have to worry about paint issues. Mine has been pelted with plenty of small road gravel and still not a single chip (fingers crossed).
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Zeid

Bought my GTS AWD last Friday. Absolutely love itive compared this car to the legacy and fusion awd, and this car is still better. It's stylish, has tight steering, great seats, the 3iblink lane change feature (which I love) and is impossible to find on anything except luxury or german cars). No paint chip issue and I've driven over 600 miles on highway, back rods with pebbles and tiny rocks. Manuf march 2010

The CVT is interesting. Off-the-line power is great UP TO 15MPH, from there the ratio gets larger and it seems to drag. Gun it though and it will go! Manual shifting also fixes the problem entirely, either by the shifter in manual mode or the paddle shifters I've been averaging 28 mpg in 30% city, 70% highway.

Commutes are great, I LOVE the streaming bluetooth audio feature. I can stream pandora internet radio from my blackberry as well.

The headlights and foglights are amazing, as are the orangish footwell lights at night (can be customized through the info display by holding down Display button for a few seconds while zashi is parked).

The ONLY thing I would change is making auto-headlights standard. That's it. Rockford fosgate is AMAZING, better than any Bose, Mark Levinson, or Pioneer system I've heard in other cars.

This car just asks for attention wherever it goes. In a good way though! Everyone looks shocked when they see the Suzuki S or name on the back. Who knew they could build the most feature-full and fun to drive car in it's class, at a great price! Congrats to Suzuki engineers and marketers for knowing what real drivers want and packaging it all in a classy design!
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com