Now that you've had it a while...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
TheHolyGhost

Interesting. I don't have auto lights, so I can't comment on that.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Flyby

Hawkzilla wrote:
TheHolyGhost wrote:You can try turning the little nob coming out of the dash to adjust the brightness. Turn it once and then you'll see the brightness bar graph show up on the Info Display. Turn it to the right to make it brighter.
I feel like an old man trying to run a VCR sometimes in my Kizashi... the simpler things are the only ones I struggle with! lol
Is that Beta or VHS? I still have both around here somewhere. :D I'm probably older than most of you here anyway.
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
TheHolyGhost

I don't even own a VHS player, I know what it is though. :)
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Zeid

Sorry I've been out all afternoon and evening...looks like "TheHolyGhost" answered all of your questions. :)

Yes, tap the turn signal stalk slightly in either direction and it automatically blinks 3 times for lane changes. I love this feature so much and didn't want my next car to not have it after driving MINI's, Audi's, and BMW's. It's such a useful feature!

I've driven the manual and liked it a lot, in fact, it was my initial choice but then I opted for the AWD since it's such a great value. The manual definitely felt faster. It has 5 more hp but also less weight w/o the AWD system. Nonetheless, I don't feel mine is slow at all, and like I said before, the manual mode fixes everything!

Has anyone else noticed the nice features Suzuki engineers incorporated?
-The the auto front windows SLOW down when they reach the top or bottom. I've only seen this on luxury vehicles and once again reiterates that touch of class and thoughtfulness that went into this vehicle.
-The accent lighting in the footwells and covering the center console from overhead red LEDs
-Rear headrests that tilt down when not in use to increase rear visibility
-Bottle holders in ALL 4 doors!
-One of the most powerful sound systems of any car in and out of its class (425-Watt Rockford Fosgate)
-The only car with standard Pushbutton start and optional AWD. You would have to go for an Audi, BMW, or Mercedes to get those two together (and the pushbutton start is still an option!)
-3 position memory seats are great!
-NO 6-disc CD changer. Thank god Suzuki was the first automaker to realize CD changers are a waste of money and are rarely used.
-Lumbar support (Ford Fusion doesn't offer it)

This car is leaps and bounds better than the Acura TSX that Suzuki is comparing the Kizashi to. The TSX is a smaller Accord with a slightly better tuned suspension, that's it. Safe, reliable, and sold after 3 years of a boring ownership experience.

I review cars and the Kizashi is truly impressive. Of all the cars I've driven, talked about, and wrote about, this is one car that has it ALL. No other automaker has been able to do it, but Suzuki did. Anyone who buys this unique car will love it. :)

Love my Zashi!
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
Flyby

That's quite the testimonial there, Zeid. I certainly feel your enthusiasm for the car. I'll add that during my test drive I certainly didn't mind the difference in power between the AWD Kiz and my WRX. It's agile enough that I saw I could have my kind of driving entertainment. You're right about the manual-shift mode adding a little something to the experience. I figure the automatic to be a "momentum" car. I haven't test-driven the 6-speed manual. BTW Zeid, how would you compare the Kiz to the new Legacy CVT?

I saw this morning on MotorWeek that the Kiz will be in it's next longterm update segment. The brief scene of the car showed it in a snowy setting.
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
TheHolyGhost

I hope this wasn't already posted, but InsideLine is long term testing the Kizashi GTS already, and they've had lots of great things to say. http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/V ... zashi-gts/
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
TheHolyGhost

Another thing I'd change. The sunglass holder seems a little on the small side. My sunglasses aren't hat large, but my glasses barely fit in there.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Flyby

Just imagine people searching for info about the Kiz, and they come across this thread. I think they will feel pretty good about the car from reading your posts.
Flyby out
Zeid

Flyby wrote:That's quite the testimonial there, Zeid. I certainly feel your enthusiasm for the car. I'll add that during my test drive I certainly didn't mind the difference in power between the AWD Kiz and my WRX. It's agile enough that I saw I could have my kind of driving entertainment. You're right about the manual-shift mode adding a little something to the experience. I figure the automatic to be a "momentum" car. I haven't test-driven the 6-speed manual. BTW Zeid, how would you compare the Kiz to the new Legacy CVT?

I saw this morning on MotorWeek that the Kiz will be in it's next longterm update segment. The brief scene of the car showed it in a snowy setting.
Flyby out
The cvt on the legacy seems better tuned and doesn't have the "lag" we've noted. The engine sounds like a box of nails though, louder than the antiquated 3.1L in my old Pontiac grand prix. I'd never feel like I made the right choice if I had to hear that engine every time I drive the car :) plus no pushbutton start which I NEEDED.
There is one more thing I'd change though: offering AWD with the manual!
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
TheHolyGhost

I do miss the AWD from my old Legacy. The new legacy is nothing like the old one though. The Kizashi is closer. The fit and finish and features of the Kizashi are better, but in terms of handling, driving dynamics and the like the Kizashi is head and shoulders above the new Legacy IMO. The new Legacy feels floaty.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES