Paint Chip Images

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Moto
Site Admin

I received a request to start a topic specifically for posting images of your paint chips.

* This topic is Sticky for 90 days.
* Only post images on this topic if you want to talk about your chips do it on one of the other topics regarding the subject.

* Make sure your images are uploaded to this site. (I can change upload quotas if needed. Use the Upload attachment tab under the editor).
* Make sure your images a high quality. Good lighting and something for scale are essential. Preferably use a metric ruler in the same plane as the chip.

* If you can. Post the manufacture date of you car.
* Text on your posts should be limited to typical driving conditions for your car.
* Keep track of the chip count over time. Edit your original post as needed.

Manufacture Date Help:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5123452_locate- ... -date.html
http://www.massdriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16277
Senegal

2010 SLS AWD
Black Pearl Metallic

Production Date: Oct 2009
Purchase: March 2010

First chip @ 400 miles
Current mileage: 11,300

Affected areas: rear door sills, entire hood especially in the front 1/3, around headlights, front bumper, front fenders

Paint care: waxed 3 times with Meguiar's NXT, used Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax in between full wax jobs. Washed periodically with automatic touch-less washes.

Suzuki documentation date:
6/08/2010
Resolution 6/25/2010: Suzuki has offered to repaint the hood and fenders. 3M will be installed on the rear fenders/door sills, and doors would need adjustment.

Tips for owners with paint chips:
1) Working with a good dealer is 99% of the solution
2) Call Suzuki's customer service for rep documentation. Their customer service is always top notch.
3) Post your chip pictures on this forum
Attachments
101_0540.JPG
101_0542.JPG
101_0543.JPG
101_0544.JPG
101_0546.JPG
hood.jpg
Last edited by Senegal on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hawkzilla

Some helpful advice for taking your close-up pics... Most digital cameras have a "macro" setting (usually has a flower for a icon). Use this when taking close photos. Make sure you hold the snapshot button halfway down until it can focus, then take your pic. You will get surprisingly detailed photos from as close as a couple inches.

Hope that helps.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
stapletondoc

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT
Color: Platinum Silver
Date of manufacture: December 2009
Mileage: 4,200
Typical driving conditions: vast majority is city/suburban; has only been on the highway twice.
Date of Suzuki documentation: 22 June 2010
Care: occasional hand-washing
close-up of enlarging, peeling defect on lower left front bumper
close-up of enlarging, peeling defect on lower left front bumper
small but enlarging chip to the left side of grille
small but enlarging chip to the left side of grille
small chip to left of license plate
small chip to left of license plate
enlarging, peeling defect on lower left front bumper
enlarging, peeling defect on lower left front bumper
two of four paint chip defects on upper right side of the grille itself
two of four paint chip defects on upper right side of the grille itself
volunteer

Stapletondoc,
Is that last picture the body of the car or the chrome around the grille?? Those looks more like dents in the plated plastic than paint chips.
TheHolyGhost

Looks like there's a chip or two on the leading edge of the hood.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
stapletondoc

There are multiple chips, but I just focused on a few of the bigger ones, especially the large defect that is peeling. There are a couple of chips on the rim of the hood just before where the hood clear mask begins. The last picture is of the metallic grille itself with the hood rim in the upper part. As far as the grille is concerned, those are probably from bugs or rocks hitting the grille, but still the metallic paint is readily coming off the plastic grille. FYI, my car has never been on a dirt or gravel road---mostly city/suburban driving in Denver with occasional highway/interstate use.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
stapletondoc

Update 30 June 2010:

I was driving by a golf course the other day....and a golf ball hit the driver's door. It left a quite noticeable dent that is going to be popped out by the body shop at the dealership. The curious thing about all this is that it did not scratch the paint or clear coat. And yet, the hood and front bumper chips and peels with utmost of ease.
Denver, CO
TheHolyGhost

That's terrible luck, Doc. I'm sorry that your car seems to be cursed.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
stapletondoc

LOL....I know...I feel as though it is cursed....or I am....perhaps that alternate translation of Kizashi, "omen", fits my predicament a bit better than most others.....LOL...despite all these kinks, I still love the way the Kizashi handles...fortunately, American Suzuki has been very responsive to my concerns so far.
Denver, CO