AWD + Manual or Nothing. Back me up people

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SuzukiNinja

So it looks like the AWD will be exclusive to the CVT. We might as well start this early. Demand that the AWD be mated with the manual transmission.

Please post back and let me know what you think. If we can get this thread to grow Suzuki will eventually see it.

In the meantime make sure to also send your requests directly to suzuki. I mean honestly how do they think they can call it sport anything without offering AWD with the manual. It would be a shame to let this car go to waste on the worthless CVT trany, and it will probably be even more gutless than some of its competitors.

SX4 has the option. There is no reason this car shouldn't too. (Note: They haven't release the SX4 info for this year either. It is possible that you can no longer get a manual AWD SX4)

Manual + AWD or I WON'T BUY ONE!

I live in a northern climate traction with manual will always be superior on ice to an auto period. I'll test drive one to see if it's magic, but I'm highly skeptical at this point.
Moto
Site Admin

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think it will take them long to realize the error in their ways.

Definitely worth the post though. It will help sway future decisions. This page is currently getting more traffic from Japan than any other country so maybe they will see it directly. (I think the US marketers already know)
SuzukiNinja

Hey guys, I just noticed they have a “build one” Section on the official site. Here is a direct link
http://www.suzukiauto.com/kizashi/#/build

You should go select the FWD car then color an stuff. On the third page it will ask what options you want. It says to pick three. I don’t care what your other two are, but please go pick I-AWD for an option. That option is getting its butt kicked. Probably because most people break down and go for the CVT that already has it
GT2.32004

Hi everyone i'm new to this board, and i completely agree with you. If suzuki has intention to sell this car to people that are more enthusiast about driving than the ones who buy Camry, they need to sell it with AWD and the 6 speed MT.
Personnally i would go with this setup for Quebec winters.
I will go on the Kizashi web page and check the optionnal AWD with the 6MT.
On the 2010 Grand Vitara Suzuki did stop producing the 4 cylinder models with manual transmission, but i think they continue to offer it with the SX4.
Maybe the transmission on the 2.0L of the SX4 would bolt on to the 2.4L of the Kizashi...
By the way the name ''Kizashi'' has a bad conotation in french...
nell_z

I have to agree also. I was hurt to see that AWD and manual weren't going to be together. I mean, I guess the paddles are cool though, especially for people like me who will use this car as an everyday driver.

Still though, it would be nice to have that option. At least that way I can just throw a turbo on and call it a day.
cobie99

i agree w/ u guys... no reason we should'nt have a manual option w/ any of the 3 level choices, awd or fwd. i find that alot of car companies are doing this lately... for example if u want leather/heated seats u almost always have to get the auto... that sucks. the primary reason im looking at the kizashi is that i can get a manual w/ leather. We, in n. america are so limited in what we can buy in a compact or midsize car... the europeans have it so much better when it comes to choice... i mean u have a choice of 30 diff convertibles in france alone...
i guess auto manufacturers don't think american like driving... who knows.
hatter m

I'm with you. I'll be graduating soon and the Kizashi's sitting near the top of my "first car" short-list, so I'm hoping an AWD + manual 6-speed will at least be available and tested within the next six months or so.

I hope they don't just slap it on and throw off the weight distribution like they did with the V6 review car though.
adamaoc

Although I agree with you on the fact that they should make the 6-speed manual an option on the AWD I wouldn’t count out the auto that they have in the one now. I’ve heard it really is good! And for a daily driver it might be better.
chenli900

As far as I know, large amount of the consumers must choose this combination in mainland ,China . AWD+manual transmission is a symbol of sporty impression.
I just hope that AWD+manual transmission will be put into production. Because I intend to purchase the next generation of Suzuki kizashi.And I hope that the combination of AWD+manual transmission will be available in the Chinese market. If the kizashi will be produce within mainland,China.
Just in one word, I love the kizashi with AWD+manual transmission. That's the right style and what I love for the kizashi.
NiteRider

This is a super old thread. The more options the better I guess, but I probably would have went for the auto anyway. Paddle shifters are nice.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty