Just picked up my Kizashi XLS Australia (Quick Review)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
maestro

Hey guys, I just picked up my Kizashi XLS in Pearl Black (I'm in Australia and we only have 2 trim levels here, XL and XLS), and first impressions are quite good, it's a lot smoother and quieter than my Ford Falcon (closest thing in the states would probably be a Taurus but in RWD form).

A few disappointing things to note for this price (cost me $39000 AU):
- No Factory Bluetooth option (can get a bluetooth attachment but no steering wheel controls)
- Factory Navigation was a huge $AU3900
- No AWD option AT ALL
- No Aux input
- Screen of Headunit Font size waaayy too big
- Fuel economy is showing 9.5L/100km, and I haven't been fanging it (Advertised was 7.9L/100km)

But other than that, it has everything that I wanted in a new car. Heated seats are awesome, I don't think I will ever go back to normal seats! Sunroof altough nothing new is always nice and the automatic headlamps/wipers are a great help atm, given that it is winter here.

Had a drive of Mazda 6, Accord Euro (Acura TSX) and Ford Mondeo (dunno what it is in the states) and the Kizashi felt so much more stable on the road, much better steering and cornering! Only complaint about the steering is that the electric assistance sometimes feels a little bit too...well I guess assistancy.

I guess my biggest gripe was that Suzuki left out a few of the things that the U.S. Market got, and wasn't even an option on the AU models. The bluetooth ommission is a big deal here, as we have very strict road rules on the use of mobiles in a vehicle. Our rules state that you MUST have a handsfree device AND a phone cradle.

The lack of an AWD option wasn't as a big a deal for me, but still I felt like this would be detrimental for Suzuki in the Australian market as our geographical terrain lends better to an AWD rather than a front wheel drive. Lots of gravel roads, outback driving would benefit greatly from a AWD option. This would see a lot of potential sales going to the Subaru Liberty (Legacy?) in my opinion.

Room inside is very spacious, with plenty of room for 4 passengers. I don't know if anyone have noticed, but there are VERY secure child restraint brackets in the rear. Not an issue for me, as I am well far off from having children, but definitely good for the intended market of this vehicle.

A few aftermarket item pricings were quite steep:

- Mudguards were $AU250 for a set of 4
- A invisible "car bra" for the front was going to cost around $AU800

I am pretty sure the "car bra" is just 3M film...what a rip-off!

All in though, the car has been a pleasure to drive, a little bit gutless in the lower revs compared to my previous I6 Falcon, but once it gets above 50km/hr, the car rockets for the redline and the speed limit!

Definitely don't regret my purchase!
maestro

Some photos I took, sorry for the quality (or lack thereof) they were taken on a camera phone! :(
Attachments
IMG00023-20100622-1957.jpg
IMG00022-20100622-1957.jpg
IMG00021-20100622-1956.jpg
TheHolyGhost

You got HIDs right? I love those!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

First question: What the heck is a Ford Falcon??

Second question: How come I kept hearing Paul Hogan's voice while reading this? 8-)

Seriously though, welcome to the club!
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
TheHolyGhost

It's interesting that they put the trim level badge on the Australian car.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
maestro

Yer I got the HIDs, there are only two trim levels here.

Base XL model misses out on leather, the rockford fosgate audio, hids, front park assist, foglamps, has smaller 17" rims, no paddle shift and no sunroof.

The falcon would be the equivalent of a rwd taurus or maybe a mustang. Inline 6 Cyl, 182KW. Pretty much the standard car here.

:D Loving it, best purchase I have ever made in a vehicle!
maestro

BTW, taking it to the exhaust shop on saturday morning, just to get a quote for a custom catback. If it is less than $AU300, then ill do it.
TheHolyGhost

Awesome, we'll need a video of the sound if you do it! The cars in America don't have trim level badges at all as far as I know, that's why I was surprised to see it on yours. The only thing that distinguishes on the exterior here is the wheels on the GTS and SLS.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
maestro

OMG! Just checked the car today and I already have my first stone chip. Small as it is, ITS THERE! It gets taken into Suzuki next weekend for the first service, I'm going to be whooping the service managers ass if he doesn't do somthing about it! Went to the exhaust guy today, about $250 for sports mufflers. Should free it up a bit! Hopefully add a few KW. I had to move my falcon last night off the front lawn and I remembered what it was like to have power...hopefully I'll get the K&N filter and the exhaust happening in a couple of weeks and the Kizashi will go a bit better!
TheHolyGhost

Cool, I'm unaware of anyone who has gotten a new exhaust so I'm interested to see what the end result is. Sorry about the stone chip.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES