MotorWeek Road Test: Family Sedan Comparison

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
uforaverwill

Kizashi cam in 3rd on Motorweek. Woohoo :D Check it out!!

[youtube][/youtube]
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
lookin

Yeah great but why didnt they include that ben favorite was the kizashi ... Hmmmm still great news for suzuki
Senegal

I wonder why Subaru Legacy was left out?
stapletondoc

Good question....I wish I had gotten a Subaru, or anything else but this...my Kizashi is not what I thought it would be.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
lookin

What ? You Giving up on suzuki what did you think the kizasi should be im curious seemed like u was happy i hope u not falling to the pressure of so called name brand
TheHolyGhost

Subaru isn't particularly a name brand, as evidenced by being left out of this comparison. Compared to Suzuki they seem large, but in the US they have a pretty small market. The new Legacy however was a downgrade from the previous gen in my opinion. I test drove a couple, and while it has more space inside the interior felt cheaper and it drove like a Camry, too floaty for me.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

Whats your issue Now doc ??
Moto
Site Admin

Subaru is attempting to increase market share by making their cars similar to the best sellers. It just happens to take away from what a Subaru is or has always been known for.
TheHolyGhost

The problem with that is you risk alienating your customer base while not capturing new customers, if you don't do it as well as the established players. Leaving the niche market to compete in a hyper-competetive segment carries significant risk. If you visit Legacygt.com you'll see a whole lot of debate between the 4th and 5th gen guys. I don't hate the new one as much as others, but the interior received a failry significant downgrade which is what did it in for me.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
autopiolet

The August issue of Consumer Reports panned the Kizashi. I can't believe it and then they took an unflattering photo to add insult to injury. Made me think about how many cars I decided against when reading their reviews. I'm glad I did not read this review before I bought my SLS because I love this car!