New Kizzy Owner and a Question...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KizzyOHIO

Hello Kizashi Club!

Let me start out by apologizing if I have done this wrong, this is my first time posting on a forum. That being said I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now! Great stuff.

For 2 weeks now I am the proud owner of a white Kizashi S. Yeah, just an S, but I really wanted a manual in white and I DID NOT want the leather interior. I know, why do I have to be so complicated. That being said I could not be happier with my car! 2nd day I had it I debadged it, all but the steering wheel (but thats in the plans). Next weekend I am painting the grill and the front bumper flat black (it will kind of have the prior model VW gti look to it). And shortly after I plan on buying 18inch alloys. (If anyone on the board would like to sell their 18inch stock alloys I would be interested!!!!) Once an aftermarket turbo is available I will most likely invest in it as well.

Quick question, one of many I presume, when I start my car as well as when I open my door after turning it off, I hear an electronic gearing inside of the steering column. I do not see any movement of the steering wheel or any other parts for that matter. The sound makes me believe the steering column is suppose to move to accomodate entering and exiting the vehicle. Any idea what this noise is? I have my steering column set to the lowest possible setting if that makes a difference.

From what I can tell there are very few, if any, Kizashi's in Ohio. Hopefully as people see ours and asks us about them we can get the good word out. While only 1000 miles into my ownership it is one of, if not, my favorite cars. Brief car history: my first car was an 88 Suzuki Samurai (thats right, I have come back home), 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 95 Eagle Talon, 96 Pontiac Trans Am, 00 Jeep Wrangler, 03 Toyota Celica, 05 Saabaru Aero, 04 WRX STi, 2010 Suzuki Kizashi (yes i left out some seriously lame vehicles, but trust me, we are all better for that).

Hope to speak with all of you soon, one way or another!
2010 White Manual Kizzy "S" -riding badgeless-
babacu

KizzyOHIO wrote: Quick question, one of many I presume, when I start my car as well as when I open my door after turning it off, I hear an electronic gearing inside of the steering column. I do not see any movement of the steering wheel or any other parts for that matter. The sound makes me believe the steering column is suppose to move to accomodate entering and exiting the vehicle. Any idea what this noise is? I have my steering column set to the lowest possible setting if that makes a difference.
I haven't verified this, but I assumed that would be the steering wheel locking mechanism engaging/disengaging. On a regular car that happens when you turn they key to and from a certain position (or when you take it out). Since there's no key in Kizashi's case, I guess those are tied to the actions you just mentioned (opening the door after stopping the engine and starting the engine).
TheHolyGhost

I would guess the same thing. I think it has to do with the fact that the car has electronic power steering rather than hydraulic power steering like on many cars. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anything about the wheel moving to accommodate ingress/egress, so I'm sure that that is not it.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KizzyOHIO

Wow, thanks for the quick response. That makes complete sense!
volunteer

TheHolyGhost wrote:I would guess the same thing. I think it has to do with the fact that the car has electronic power steering rather than hydraulic power steering like on many cars. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anything about the wheel moving to accommodate ingress/egress, so I'm sure that that is not it.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car!
If is the electric PS. There is no feature to move the wheel when entering/exiting the car.
TheHolyGhost

Right, I think that is the sound of the power steering locking the wheel. So it can't be turned when the car is off.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
freeperjim

KizzyOhio - just looked and see you're in Lebanon. I'm up in Centerville and looking for a new car & VERY interested in the Kizashi - just about the perfect size with nice appointments & build quality. The Audio A4 and TSX are simply waaaaay to large and waaay overpriced vs. Kizzy.

A couple of questions....
1. What dealer did you purchase your Kizzy? Good deal? Good dealer service?
2. I LOVE that all black grille in your avatar photo - is that a new after-market grille or were you able to remove the "S" badge?

Thanks!
KizzyOHIO

Longer post coming later tonight, but...

I drove 370 miles (one way) to Ray Suzuki in Illionois. I looked all over and they truly offered the best price for the vehicle I wanted. I will most likely have the vehicle serviced at VOSS in Centerville. As for the grille I was able to remove the "chrome" S, its only attached with double sided sticky tape. There is still an S indention but its the same color as the grille. Then using automotive paint, flat black to match the plastic piece on the bottom, painted the grille and the bumper.
TheHolyGhost

Hey Kizzy, could you post some more pictures of the grill, I'd like to see it in a larger photo.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KizzyOHIO

Absolutely. As it stands it's still a work in progress. Estimated completion date is July 10th. Expect a ton of pics that weekend! Of course I still need to get wheels for the car but that's a little further out. More info later.

-sent from my iPhone-