New Kizzy Owner and a Question...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KizzyOHIO

Here's a couple pics of the debadged tail and a wall in the garage as a salute to badges past...
kizzy.jpg
2010 White Manual Kizzy "S" -riding badgeless-
TheHolyGhost

I like it, I'm going to debadge mine soon. Looks great!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KizzyOHIO

Thanks, I was shocked at how easy it was. The model indicator "s" (yours will be "gts") badge was the most difficult. The word Kizashi was the most frustrating only because the letters are broken up instead of all attached like the word Suzuki. But for the most part I was able to use my finger to start an edge and then slowly pull the badge right off. It didn't even leave a residue. I did leave the car in the sun all day first however.

As for the steering wheel "S" i was disappointed to see Suzuki used plastic pins to attach it under the wheel. I may just use left over flat black paint from the grille to reduce its glare.

So why did I debadge my kizzy? So people would ask me what I drive versus reading the name and potentially discrediting it. Like many of you I have read all of the positive reviews and absolutely love owning my car. Without badges you wouldn't believe how many people ask me what I am driving, even complete strangers. As a result I get to "sell" them on why it’s such a great car and why they should consider buying one or at the minimum recommending it to others.

I'm expecting a commission from Suzuki soon.
TheHolyGhost

It's funny, my car didn't have a model indicator. Does anyone else have a GTS, or other model, without it?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KizzyOHIO

Dang Suzuki, labeling us low end "S" drivers...
lookin

people still stop me with my badges and like you im expecting a commission i really be selling this car ..your car looks great i like i may do mine but leave kizashi on rear if it looks ok...
KizzyOHIO

As I hang my head in shame...
3.jpg
3.jpg (30.2 KiB) Viewed 5527 times
TheHolyGhost

Hahaha, unfortunately for Suzuki it's the big S that turns people off. Hopefully that'll be changing though.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KizzyOHIO

Agreed, I'm doing my part to get the word out.

So what did I really want? I would have prefered a white GTS. When I went to pick up my car I also drove a black GTS but 1) the whole paint chip thing scared me and 2) I've had black cars and while gorgeous clean it is so hard to keep them that way!

What options do I wish the "S" offered? Cruise Control, Alloys and Blue Tooth. I can and will buy the alloys. Cruise Control and Blue Tooth not so much... sad face. (Power Seats, Sun Roof, and Rockford while nice I can live without.)
jimmerz

Well I think I have an SE - but there is no SE on my trunk...lol

I say think, because I was skimming my paper work and it says Suzuki Kizashi S blah blah blah. So really I might have an S too, but like I said there was no letters on my trunk.

Also, fishing line works nicely to debadge your vehicle, after some sun soaking. ;)

I think your car looks great KizzyOHIO!
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!