What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
old tech

Today we took my wife’s 2011 light blue SLS Kizashi for a little ferry boat rideImage
We were staying a week in the outer banks of North Carolina and spent a day on Ocracoke Island .This place can only can be reached by a 45 minute no cost ferry ride. The Kizashl didn’t mind it at all but I do an exhaust flex that started to get a little noises a day into the trip.But really , this car has been very good to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KIZAWDinKC

I ate lunch underneath the open sunroof. 10 year old car to drive around for free, but for what it is, it's nice to sit and eat lunch with the sunroof open above and the seat adjusted all the way back for max legroom.
n8dogg

No fault of the Kizashi, but I'm finally getting a new windshield today. My daily commute on I-5 and the unending construction around Tacoma has claimed many of my windshields so I've been very blessed that this is my first on the Kizashi!
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Tom Kizzie

I mounted a tcc 2 top strut brace. It took me some time to fit the left mounting plate. It wasn't perfect..actually quite bad but I know that can be the deal with any brand of strut bars.
kizashi 6mt black
Donald24cvt

Fitted a Vitara 2021 spec Slda radio to my kizashi. Works a treat and looks like a factory fit. Really pleased with it😁
Attachments
IMG_20200727_074541.jpg
I know, no ones heard of a Kizashi. no its not an import :facepalm:
SAEED_KIZZY

about 2 years ago I replaced all disk rotors with OEM ones. lately, I see some shaking in the steering wheel when I press the brake downhill I check brake pads and change brake fluid oil but no luck then I decided to change the front rotor with the old ones and boom everything goes bad to normal no shaking. :D
turns out the front disk rotor bent and course that vibration on the steering wheel. ;)
KuroNekko

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:45 pm about 2 years ago I replaced all disk rotors with OEM ones. lately, I see some shaking in the steering wheel when I press the brake downhill I check brake pads and change brake fluid oil but no luck then I decided to change the front rotor with the old ones and boom everything goes bad to normal no shaking. :D
turns out the front disk rotor bent and course that vibration on the steering wheel. ;)
Yeah, the shakes from braking are typically a sign of warped brake rotors. Rotors typically warp from improper mounting or overheating. I think the only way to fix the issue is to replace the rotors. I'm not sure about turning rotors for warpage but I don't see the point given rotors aren't that expensive to replace entirely with brand new ones. You also can't turn slotted and drilled rotors.
I warped my original Kizashi rotors by overheating them on a downhill mountain drive. I had the shakes on braking shortly after. I then replaced all the rotors with aftermarket slotted rotors and that was the fix. Still have those slotted rotors. I'm keeping them until the current set of brake pads run out and then the rotors and pads are getting replaced together.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SAEED_KIZZY

KuroNekko wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:55 pm
Yeah, the shakes from braking are typically a sign of warped brake rotors. Rotors typically warp from improper mounting or overheating. I think the only way to fix the issue is to replace the rotors. I'm not sure about turning rotors for warpage but I don't see the point given rotors aren't that expensive to replace entirely with brand new ones. You also can't turn slotted and drilled rotors.
I warped my original Kizashi rotors by overheating them on a downhill mountain drive. I had the shakes on braking shortly after. I then replaced all the rotors with aftermarket slotted rotors and that was the fix. Still have those slotted rotors. I'm keeping them until the current set of brake pads run out and then the rotors and pads are getting replaced together.
Yes that a correct way to do it unfortunately, there is no aftermarket disk rotor for Kizashi in my country and I have to stick to OEM but to be honest I am so disappointed with the OEM rotor
Typhoon1944

Donald24cvt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:49 pm Fitted a Vitara 2021 spec Slda radio to my kizashi. Works a treat and looks like a factory fit. Really pleased with it😁
Hi Donald, could I trouble you to give me a bit more information about this upgrade please? For example, is it a straight swap out or are there additional wiring looms required? Does it keep the handsfree phone and volume integration? Finally, I can't see one in the photo but is there 3.5mm audio input jack? I stream a lot of Hi Res audio through my Tidal and Qobuz subscriptions (and, to a lesser extent, local FLAC files stored on my phone) but the standard SBC Bluetooth connection loses a lot of detail due to compression so ideally I want a wired connection into the unit or a higher quality aptX/aptX HD/LDAC Bluetooth connection.

**Edit** Also, how easy was it to fit the new DAB antenna? As far as I'm aware the original antenna is incorporated into the rear window?

Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
KlutzNinja

Nothing today so far, but last month I had my rear brake rotors and pads replaced, because the old pads wore down to the metal. I didn’t really have a clue; no outstanding noise and no noticeable change in braking performance. I only noticed when I had to brake hard and suddenly, which engaged the ABS I think. The usual shudder sound. Only it kept shuddering and groaning every time I used the brakes. And even then performance never changed. I thought I had more life in the pads the last time I checked, but it seems they wear out quickly since I park on a driveway that’s upwards, and so every day I have to reverse and rely on them a lot against gravity. The rear wheels got really dusty with brake particles, I recall.
Also had the shop replace the brake fluid, which was bordering on overdue. Apparently they worked on the parking brake, too; I guess it’s connected to the rear brakes?

Soon after I got the Kizashi detailed, and it’s always a double-edged sword. While it comes out clean, suddenly all the little paint flecks in the hood are very noticeable, and I’m saddened by how poorly the paint has held up. The color is great, lots of purdy metallic flakes, but the thickness just isn’t there. It’s like the previous owner spent all his time driving on the highway, tailgating dump trucks filled with gravel.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)