What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:I know the Kizashi does have some corrosion-resistance like zinc-plated undercarriage parts and wax-sealed components, but salt can do damage regardless unless your car is entirely aluminum or a composite material (meaning the car is an atrociously expensive exotic).

The mountains where I used to live in California used this gravel-like material as traction assistance instead of salt. I believe the main reason was because salt has some adverse environmental effects (can affect the lakes up there?), not to mention rusting out cars. However, I can see that salt can be more suitable in large, non-alpine cities. This gravel material did not dissolve and just became part of the dirt on the side of the road once the snow melted. It wasn't a problem in the mountains, but it could gum up sewer systems in a city. Also, this gravel stuff did not do much about melting snow and ice like salt does. I guess it was suitable for the mountains, but not so much in large cities like in the Midwest, etc.

However, when it comes to just considering cars, the gravel stuff is much better as it does not contribute to rust. When I sold my Subaru Impreza to my buddy, it did not have any rust despite having 225,000 (California) miles. It was my trusty ride when I was in California until I moved out East.
They use the gravel-like substance here as well on certain roads mainly for ice traction since in really cold weathers, the salt does nothing.

Good to know there is some corrosion resistance built-in. It's going to be nice just having everything clean again once I can rinse the car down. I really like its agressive stance. It's truly grown on me, even though it's supposed to be the wife's car. ;)
SamirD

Parked on a street where the right side of the car would make most cars stuck. Got a great parking spot, and pulled out easily since the left side still gripped. 8-)

Tried reading the tpms sensors using the vt30, but I don't think I was doing it right and support was closed. Gotta do that first thing tomorrow morning.
Shaneous

KuroNekko wrote:
Shaneous wrote:Drove to work with the sunroof and all windows open because it was 30 degrees celcius at 7:30am :-)

(sorry people in the Northern hemisphere!!)
I lived in Australia for one year when I was a kid. I remember seeing stores decorated with Santa riding a surfboard instead of a sled to make it more Aussie-appropriate. It's still odd to think that Christmas time is around the hottest part of the year for Australians.

It's around 30 degrees Fahrenheit where I am now. That would be -1 Celsius.
-1?.. that's not human! :-)

yeah, poor Santa suffers all sorts of Australianisms in marketing down here and when he DOES have a sled rather than a surfboard, its usually pulled by kangaroos instead of Reindeer.. that sort of thing. What area of Australia did you live in?!
IshaanIan

I just got back home from college for the holidays so I sipped some coffee on the roof of our house and watched my car get washed and wiped all around till it was squeeky clean. Then I took it out for a spin down the narrow but smooth dual carriageway that my house is on, entered some round-abouts at 120 kmph, shifted down to 3 to go round, then exited onto a narrow service lane and then finally hit the 8 lane outer ring road and sped off to the city :D Parked it in my friend's driveway and looked over my shoulder at the Kiz to see it grinning back at me with dabbles of green and small wings stuck in its grille...BLISS!
Woodie

IshaanIan wrote:I sipped some coffee on the roof of our house and watched my car get washed and wiped all around till it was squeeky clean.
Wow! That's a nice setup. Now, just tell us it was a pretty girl doing the washing and we'll be totally green with envy.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
SamirD

Continued to work on the snow tire setup that it's getting for Christmas. :mrgreen:
SamirD

Just ordered another present--all weather mats, which I think were the last set available in the country since they're discontinued. I went ahead and got an all-weather cargo mat and two oil drain plug washers while I was at it.
KuroNekko

Shaneous wrote: -1?.. that's not human! :-)

yeah, poor Santa suffers all sorts of Australianisms in marketing down here and when he DOES have a sled rather than a surfboard, its usually pulled by kangaroos instead of Reindeer.. that sort of thing. What area of Australia did you live in?!
-1 C is not that cold. Many of the members here live in much colder regions that can see -34 C or even colder. That's why the AWD Kizashi is popular among the folks living in the Midwest and Northeast USA and Canada.

I lived in Epping, a suburb of Sydney back around 1993~1994.
I liked Australia quite a bit as the people are friendly and less neurotic than Americans.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Shaneous wrote:...and when he DOES have a sled rather than a surfboard, its usually pulled by kangaroos instead of Reindeer...
LOL! I've got to see this. :o Got a pic?

Do the roo's also have presents in their pouches? Is there one with a red nose?
Speed_Racer

I'm jealous of everyone able to wash the salt off their cars. It's been way too cold here for several weeks straight! Either I would likely freeze before I could finish haha, or the water itself would freeze to the car before I was finished washing/drying.

So I'm waiting for a quick warm spell to hit the car wash.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000