What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
n8dogg

Been planning for a 180k mile tune up...Spark plugs, coolant + thermostat, oil + filter, air filters (engine and cabin), transfer case fluid, rear diff. fluid, CVT fluid drain/refill, rotate tires...all was going well until one of the thermostat housing bolts sheered off! If you've ever changed the thermostat, you already know how tight it is to get to! I was lucky, there was enough threads exposed I was able to grab them with needle nose vise grips and unscrew the remainder of the bolt right out. Got her all buttoned back up and took her for a drive. Got back home and I got coolant pouring out from under the car! Not coming from anywhere I just serviced, but the timing of it all seems so coincidental. I believe it's from an old incident I had with a large landscape rock that I wedged under my car. Got some cosmetic damage to the front lower bumper but thought that was the extent of the damage. I now see the radiator got pinched by the heat exchanger as it got shoved into it. I believe the radiator finally tore itself apart in this area, on the bottom where the aluminum fins and plastic meet. Why now after driving for 2-3 years after the incident with the rock? Who knows. Anyways, got a new radiator going in this afternoon. Hopefully the heat exchanger holds up!
bent heat exchanger.jpg
***update***
Okay, so after completely removing the radiator and after further inspection, I found the tear in the radiator. After my recent repair, I must have left a screw/tool/socket or something under the hood. It then fell between the fan and the radiator, ever so slightly marring the plastic fan blade and tearing a hole in the radiator, down low.
Now has anyone seen my 12mm socket?
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
SAEED_KIZZY

wow, 180k with CVT.nice work @n8dogg. yes, those(thermostat CAP bolts) 3 bolts love to corrode for me the lower was the worst I exchanged positions of those bolts to last longer.
makanaky

Great job ! Engine looks nice and clean
SAEED_KIZZY

I just bought an autodim mirror with Homelink Super chip from eBay. these mirrors are Gentex 536 10-pin connectors. I managed to find its connector from the local market and plan to do the wiring in my car in the right way :)
totakeke

This time I thought I'd pay someone to change the headlight bulb.

The side marker listing is just there because the housing broke and I ordered a new one off of Ebay, so I thought they could just pop it in while the bumper was off.
That's what I did with my Kizashi TODAY, but I guess TOMORROW I'm changing the headlight myself.
old tech

Wow, sounds a bit absurd. At my shop we charge one hour( $75 currently ) for bumper removal and $8 for each h7 bulb .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
totakeke

old tech wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:28 pm Wow, sounds a bit absurd. At my shop we charge one hour( $75 currently ) for bumper removal and $8 for each h7 bulb .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what I was expecting, maybe $200 at the absolute worst. I think they might just not want to work on Kizashis/Suzukis.
They told me that there are a lot of clips that they don’t want to break. Frankly I’d consent to zip ties and aftermarket clips, but I think that was code for “go away”.
makanaky

wow that was pricy !
Is it really that bad to access these bulbs ?
Obama_is_hot6

makanaky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:11 am wow that was pricy !
I ordered my led bulbs off of amazon which cost me 60 bucks for all 6 bulbs (4 h7 and 2 h11)

And yeah its kinda a pain in the ass to do it yourself
YUUUURT
totakeke

Obama_is_hot6 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:26 pm
I ordered my led bulbs off of amazon which cost me 60 bucks for all 6 bulbs (4 h7 and 2 h11)

And yeah its kinda a pain in the ass to do it yourself
Do you know which ones?
I’m really considering some now but I’ve always been under the impression that A. They’re really expensive and B. You have to deal with wiring and there’s external modules involved as opposed to just plugging in a bulb.
I’m looking at aileo’s h11 replacements and those don’t seem so bad. I’d rather pay that than wind up having to replace these regular Sylvania bulbs in a year or two.
It’s definitely not $460 bad.