What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

tirerack has struts for $65 each
KlutzNinja

n8dogg, how much time goes by between your 15k interval oil changes? Also what oil and filter do you use?
I drive a fraction of that but my synthetic Pennzoil (filtered by a Purolater ONE) smells like it could be changed, and I changed mine 10 months ago lol. I’ll admit I do a lot of short-range driving though, which wears out oil quicker.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
n8dogg

WESHOOT2 wrote:tirerack has struts for $65 each
thanks! Did we ever come to a consensus as to how the single after market KYB option compares to the factory options...non-sport vs sport?
*edit* oh never mind. I tried looking up the factory KYBs out of curiosity...forget it!
Last edited by n8dogg on Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
n8dogg

KlutzNinja wrote:n8dogg, how much time goes by between your 15k interval oil changes? Also what oil and filter do you use?
A year is the most I go, I think it was 10 months this time. I usuallly use Mobile 1 synthetic from Costco when it's on sale. Comes in 6 qt. box. Gives me one to add in between changes if needed. FRAM XG4386 Ultra Syntetic for filter.
I used to use conventional oil and follow recomended changes or sooner. When I looked into snthetics, I decided that unless I was extending change intervals, it wasn't worth it. So I put it to the test with the lab to make sure things were okay. Ate up cost savings by paying for the lab fee but now it's my regular routine.
KuroNekko

n8dogg wrote: So I put it to the test with the lab to make sure things were okay. Ate up cost savings by paying for the lab fee but now it's my regular routine.
Please let us know what the lab says! Thanks!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
n8dogg

KuroNekko wrote:Please let us know what the lab says! Thanks!
Here's the most recent one I did with 11k on the oil...
"Everything still looks good in your second sample. Aluminum and iron have increased a touch, but no more than we'd expect given the extra miles on the oil. Both metals still look fine compared to averages, and we don't foresee any problems with them getting too high if you were to put another 2,000-3,000 miles on the oil. You could probably run even longer than that yet, but check back at that interval just to make sure everything still looks good. The viscosity was fine, and no new contaminants turned up. Insolubles are steady, so the oil filter's doing well."

I never did run another sample, just went ahead and changed the oil at 15k. Oh well, next time!
Drem

TrueColorsKiz wrote:Hi! So I took my 2011 susuki Kiz into the dealer today to get the recall for the fuel tank done. While they had it I went ahead and had them do all maintenance for 70,000 mile service. Problem know is the pre set shift point on my manual paddle shifters is off??? And they can’t seem to fix this??? Wtf? Any suggestions? Also idle seems off as well... I’m going 20mph and if I put it to Manuel shift it says I’m in 5 gear?
This is why I scoff at recall notices. They'll break more than they fix.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
Ronzuki

:roll: Got tired of starting the car w/ the FOBs on the Start button. So I broke down and splurged on a couple batteries. Maintenance on this car is just killing me! :mrgreen:
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KlutzNinja

Ronzuki wrote::roll: Got tired of starting the car w/ the FOBs on the Start button. So I broke down and splurged on a couple batteries. Maintenance on this car is just killing me! :mrgreen:
Aren’t the batteries like a couple dollars apiece? Lol. It’s the act of cracking open the fob to get to the old battery that I really didn’t like. I had to watch a YouTube video and it was still hard. The fobs are so stubborn and it’s so easy to scratch them up in the process.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
Ronzuki

Yep...less than $3.50 for the pair. 'cracking' open the case is a good way of putting it, and yes, that's why I haven't done it until it's been totally dead and annoying. This second time has really boogered up the screwdriver slots on both. Next time may be the end of at least one case.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)