What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

motosonic wrote:
DiggerDerrik wrote:Finally got around to putting LED low beams in. Hopefully this is the last time I change them. They look alright. Though I need to clear the headlight assemblies up a bit. 8 years of Pacific NW weather have made them foggy.

BEAMTECH H1 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh CSP Chips Conversion Kit

For some reason they don’t list the H7’s anymore?! :o
I assume you had to make them fit? Ie cut holes or whatever? Let's see some pics
Not necessarily. I don't have this same LED kit but I have a different one that's similar in dimensions. If you get an LED bulb design where the heat sink/fan isn't too bit, you can fit it into the headlight and even put the dust cap back on. The reason to drill holes is to run the wires out unless you can fit all components (like the LED drivers and capacitors, if necessary) inside. These Beamtech LEDs don't seem to have external drivers which makes them even more compact. I'm curious to see how they perform and hold up in the long run.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
DiggerDerrik

motosonic wrote:
DiggerDerrik wrote:Finally got around to putting LED low beams in. Hopefully this is the last time I change them. They look alright. Though I need to clear the headlight assemblies up a bit. 8 years of Pacific NW weather have made them foggy.

BEAMTECH H1 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh CSP Chips Conversion Kit

I assume you had to make them fit? Ie cut holes or whatever? Let's see some pics
No holes to cut to make them fit. There is a lot of room between where the light mounts and the back of the headlight assembly. The hardest part was getting the metal retainer around the heat sink as you have to undo one side and bend it around. The weather cap fit back on no issue. I didn’t take any pictures and I have it all put back together. I guess I could take a picture of the light they put out but I found those as little help when reading reviews as pictures don’t really do it justice and it’s hard to compare.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
LPSISRL

I've always wondered how effective the heat sink is inside the headlamp assembly would be considering there's no air flow to bring in cooler air. Seems it would just get hotter and hotter until it fails.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
LPSISRL

The Chinglish for this product is hilarious.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

DiggerDerrik wrote: I guess I could take a picture of the light they put out but I found those as little help when reading reviews as pictures don’t really do it justice and it’s hard to compare.
That would be great if you don't mind. The ones you got are highly rated and the beam pattern looks great in many cars they are installed in, whether projector or multi-reflector headlights. However, as I read past the positive reviews, the main complaint seemed to be the brightness. Many claimed these weren't any brighter than halogens but looked that way in photos due to the white output. Some even claimed the photos they uploaded over-enhanced the actual light output compared to real life due to camera settings. Just wanted your take on the beam pattern and brightness.
LPSISRL wrote:I've always wondered how effective the heat sink is inside the headlamp assembly would be considering there's no air flow to bring in cooler air. Seems it would just get hotter and hotter until it fails.
While I agree it's not as good as fresh cooler air flowing through the heat sink, there is still enough space and air for the heat sink to radiate heat out. The LED bulbs with no fans also tend to run lower-spec LEDs that generate less heat and compensate with having more emitters than a single big high-output emitter that needs fans to cool it down.
I've had my LED kit for close to two years now as a DRL/high beam and they work great. The ones I have are also just a heat sink design with no fans. Given I have them as DRLs, they are always on when I drive without the low beams on (most of my driving). I also have them hooked up to capacitors so the output is stable but closer to full-power. Despite all this, they've been working great. I personally think the heat sinks are doing their job even under a dust cap seal.
LPSISRL wrote: The Chinglish for this product is hilarious.
Given I lived in Japan for so many years, I've seen a lot of it. There was even a trend about two decades ago for products ranging from bags, pencil cases, t-shirts, to even spare tire covers to have sentences in English on them that often made no sense grammatically or even logically. If you enjoy the hilarious Asian take on English, you'll enjoy this website: http://www.engrish.com/
That being said, the Asians have their version of making fun at other people's dismal use of their languages that often involve tattoos on non-Asians.
DiggerDerrik

Alright horrible picture but here they are mounted in the car. Weather cap has no issue closing. No wires pinched or anything like that. I do drive into work in the dark but this morning I left late and didn’t have time to take a picture of the lights on. I’ll try to wake up earlier tomorrow.

They appear a tad brighter but I haven’t figured out if that’s true or if it’s just me not being used to the light being white. Instead of the yellowish White the halogens produced.
Attachments
FDA153F5-B40D-4805-A87F-15FFFA1F1A16.jpeg
FDA153F5-B40D-4805-A87F-15FFFA1F1A16.jpeg (172.86 KiB) Viewed 6181 times
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
KuroNekko

DiggerDerrik wrote:Alright horrible picture but here they are mounted in the car. Weather cap has no issue closing. No wires pinched or anything like that. I do drive into work in the dark but this morning I left late and didn’t have time to take a picture of the lights on. I’ll try to wake up earlier tomorrow.

They appear a tad brighter but I haven’t figured out if that’s true or if it’s just me not being used to the light being white. Instead of the yellowish White the halogens produced.
Thanks for the photo. There looks to be a lot of clearance. Also to confirm, these don't have external drivers, do they? In essence, it's just the harness that comes out of the heat sink that plugs into the headlight's OE socket, correct? Everything is contained within the headlight cap?
DiggerDerrik

Correct. It’s all one unit that fits inside the headlight assembly. You don’t have to drill or run wires outside of the assembly.

While this photo shows a H13 bulb instead of an H7 it shows exactly what it looks like. Only difference is the plug on the end. For the H7 it’s just the two prong plug that plugs directly into the plug from the car.
Attachments
B626AEA1-DEED-49CB-B2E8-6FFA2961C2D5.jpeg
B626AEA1-DEED-49CB-B2E8-6FFA2961C2D5.jpeg (199.77 KiB) Viewed 6155 times
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
KuroNekko

Thanks for the reply. These may be the simple plug 'n play LED conversion solution many Kizashi owners have been hoping for. I'm curious about the output performance such as the beam pattern and brightness but it looks like a decent upgrade to halogens. Keep us posted on how these hold up especially given you drive at night often.
DiggerDerrik

Stopped and took a couple photos this morning. The lights aren’t aligned very well. I’ve replaced the bulbs probably 10 times and over the years I’ve put less and less bolts back in to make the process faster. So the that’s the reason they don’t shine perfectly straight anymore.
Attachments
F0C03B4C-8410-4089-BD85-0E29308AD3EF.jpeg
F0C03B4C-8410-4089-BD85-0E29308AD3EF.jpeg (204.2 KiB) Viewed 6806 times
D344AE93-2C05-4183-A747-0ED9CA28F2F1.jpeg
D344AE93-2C05-4183-A747-0ED9CA28F2F1.jpeg (178.39 KiB) Viewed 6806 times
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD