What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Kiz224

I drove my Kizzy on slippery roads today here in MN, and I love how well the AWD keeps the car in control!
SamirD

Speed_Racer wrote:I'm jealous of everyone able to wash the salt off their cars. It's been way too cold here for several weeks straight! Either I would likely freeze before I could finish haha, or the water itself would freeze to the car before I was finished washing/drying.

So I'm waiting for a quick warm spell to hit the car wash.
Do they not have like a heated car wash or something like that where the water is scalding hot and the wash bay is kept above freezing? I could see this being essential for car washes during winter because if the water's freezing, they're losing business.
IshaanIan

Woodie wrote:
IshaanIan wrote:I sipped some coffee on the roof of our house and watched my car get washed and wiped all around till it was squeeky clean.
Wow! That's a nice setup. Now, just tell us it was a pretty girl doing the washing and we'll be totally green with envy.
Hahaha no, though that would've made my day :) It was the driver. He cleans all the cars in the morning.
SamirD

IshaanIan wrote:Hahaha no, though that would've made my day :) It was the driver. He cleans all the cars in the morning.
You've got to be in India... 8-)
Speed_Racer

SamirD wrote:
Speed_Racer wrote:I'm jealous of everyone able to wash the salt off their cars. It's been way too cold here for several weeks straight! Either I would likely freeze before I could finish haha, or the water itself would freeze to the car before I was finished washing/drying.

So I'm waiting for a quick warm spell to hit the car wash.
Do they not have like a heated car wash or something like that where the water is scalding hot and the wash bay is kept above freezing? I could see this being essential for car washes during winter because if the water's freezing, they're losing business.
I haven't gone looking. There aren't too many near me, and in warmer weather I have a local self-serve that I frequent that isn't heated. I think the majority are not touchless car washes, and those are a huge no-no with my vehicles.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
SamirD

Speed_Racer wrote:I haven't gone looking. There aren't too many near me, and in warmer weather I have a local self-serve that I frequent that isn't heated. I think the majority are not touchless car washes, and those are a huge no-no with my vehicles.
I stay away from anything that's not self-serve. I've seen what they do to $300 detailing jobs--render them back to fully scratched again. :(

If you run into something that's self-serve and heated, I'd love to hear about it so I can look out for the same here. 8-)
Shaneous

KuroNekko wrote:
Shaneous wrote: -1?.. that's not human! :-)

yeah, poor Santa suffers all sorts of Australianisms in marketing down here and when he DOES have a sled rather than a surfboard, its usually pulled by kangaroos instead of Reindeer.. that sort of thing. What area of Australia did you live in?!
-1 C is not that cold. Many of the members here live in much colder regions that can see -34 C or even colder. That's why the AWD Kizashi is popular among the folks living in the Midwest and Northeast USA and Canada.

I lived in Epping, a suburb of Sydney back around 1993~1994.
I liked Australia quite a bit as the people are friendly and less neurotic than Americans.
Ahh yes, have heard of Epping, but not been there - is in a different state to me.

-34? I can't even imagine that... it was 44 degrees c here yesterday and 40 today :-|

Heh, yeah Australians are usually a pretty laid back bunch! Glad it was a good experience for you.
Viber

Drive through a nasty snow and ice storm that caused a pretty big blackout.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2008 Subaru Legacy GT (RIP)
coref1

"-1 C is not that cold. Many of the members here live in much colder regions that can see -34 C or even colder. That's why the AWD Kizashi is popular among the folks living in the Midwest and Northeast USA and Canada.

I lived in Epping, a suburb of Sydney back around 1993~1994.
I liked Australia quite a bit as the people are friendly and less neurotic than Americans."

I live in Campbelltown on the South Western fringe of Sydney. My father grew up in Denistone near Epping. If you can afford a house there these days your probably driving a Merc or BMW rather then a Suzuki.
39 degrees celcius here at present. Was riding my pushbike this morning. I felt like and probably looked like a roasted peanut LOL.
CLLee

My car saw 2 other Kizashis this afternoon in Melbourne, in the space of 15 mins. Which is the rarest thing.

Correction: Saw a 3rd one just in the evening.