What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SAEED_KIZZY

very nice @Drem. I did the same procedure on two front doors and I was really satisfied with the results. I am tempted to do the rest ;)
although I am curious to see more pictures, especially around the subwoofer pls.
SAEED_KIZZY

I just bought a used Rockford amplifier(Kizashi OE) from eBay and decided to install it on my Car(aftermarket HU without Rockford ) let's see how it goes :D
Drem

Here's a little more progress. Image

Wiring is combined into a small channel under the subwoofer wall. The left and right of this small wood wire channel will be filled with expanding foam. We will line the wire channel with other foam to attempt air seal.

Here's the rear floor board, bolted in place with nut-serts. This helps stabilize and hold the wall in place as well as just improve aesthetics. I may install a second battery here also I'm not sure yet.

This rack is where we will install the amplifiers and DSP. It sits about 3 ¹/² inches below the stock floor which will be modified and replaced to hide the hardware.

Due to schedules we won't resume work for awhile, so next update in 2 weeks probably.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
Drem

We got a little more progress yesterday.Image

My shipment of closed cell foam came so we finished lining the floor with that and mass loaded vinyl over it (both cabin and trunk). We also did the rear doors, but I forgot to take pics of the doors. I'll try to remember to snap a pic when we do the front doors.

The bottom of the back seat is in place, but the back of the back seat is not in yet. Even still, with the vinyl in, it's already a noticeably quieter ride.

Shot of the wall with the sub in place. It's 18" from Acoustic Elegance, made specifically for this application. Only weighs 28 pounds, so was relatively easy to handle and install compared to something like the Rockford Fosgate 19" that weighs 107 pounds!

Here's the amp rack. Half wired up. I need to set gains and test ground before plugging in the speaker wires.

It will be another 2 weeks for more progress unless we do something this Saturday.

SAEED_KIZZY

Nice work @Drem.
I want to know with this massive subwoofer how do you route the 12V BAT cable from the engine to AMP?
did you cut through the car firewall or something else maybe
Drem

It's here in this pic. The big blue cable coming in alone from the driver's side. 1/0 gauge. There's plenty of room on either side to route extra cable along the stock wiring. For the firewall, I just put a big hole in it. They make wall grommets that tighten around a cable to both secure it and protect the wire from the metal edges and moisture from getting in. Here's a link

The subwoofer is actually extremely sensitive and efficient. I only have 500 watts on it. The subwoofer basket almost perfectly covers this rectangular wire pass-through shown above. I'll show an updated pic of that soon.

Here's the amp rack once more, everything wired up.

I finally got the midbass kickpods I made last year covered in automotive carpet. The color difference between them and the stock carpet isn't as noticeable in person as it is in the picture. I have 500 watts on each midbass; unlike the sub they're definitely not sensitive or efficient.

I am still missing the differential rear fill speakers, but everything else is wired up and operational. Even without time alignment and equalization it sounds very good. I'm very pleased with the results. Infinite baffle subwoofers are a special kind of bass everyone should really hear sometime if they get the chance.

Last edited by Drem on Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Drem

SAEED_KIZZY wrote:Nice work @Drem.
I want to know with this massive subwoofer how do you route the 12V BAT cable from the engine to AMP?
did you cut through the car firewall or something else maybe
Missed the part about the firewall question so I updated post above.

golftango

How do you drive with that footwell speaker?!
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Drem

It's an automatic so I don't really understand why it's so hard for everyone to comprehend that you don't need that corner. You keep your left leg pulled in, your right leg if you're the passenger. My bother and I are in the habit of driving that way with door speakers too in order to not block the sound with their leg for the other passenger.

golftango

Drem wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:30 am It's an automatic so I don't really understand why it's so hard for everyone to comprehend that you don't need that corner. You keep your left leg pulled in, your right leg if you're the passenger. My bother and I are in the habit of driving that way with door speakers too in order to not block the sound with their leg for the other passenger.

Sorry, I could not drive with my foot in like that, regardless if auto/manual. But more power to you! :drive:
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango