What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

BLyons wrote:I took mine autocrossing for the first time. Ended up getting third in my class, but there was no way I was going to get close to the Fiesta's. They were over 5 seconds ahead and ran faster times than many cars in classes ahead of us. This was actually the first time I've ever heard my CVT whine. It had already stopped by the time I drove home, but I had ordered new fluid and filters last week, so it will be interesting to see if it whines again if I do this more next year.
Were these the normal Fiestas or the Fiesta ST's? Regardless, the classifications must be loose given a Fiesta is literally a thousand pounds lighter than an AWD Kizashi in curb weight.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BLyons

KuroNekko wrote:
BLyons wrote:I took mine autocrossing for the first time. Ended up getting third in my class, but there was no way I was going to get close to the Fiesta's. They were over 5 seconds ahead and ran faster times than many cars in classes ahead of us. This was actually the first time I've ever heard my CVT whine. It had already stopped by the time I drove home, but I had ordered new fluid and filters last week, so it will be interesting to see if it whines again if I do this more next year.
Were these the normal Fiestas or the Fiesta ST's? Regardless, the classifications must be loose given a Fiesta is literally a thousand pounds lighter than an AWD Kizashi in curb weight.
They were ST's. It definitely seems like they should be in a higher class. The rest of the class was a Civic Si, base Impreza hatchback, Mazda 6, and a Malibu. They released the PAX times today, which are adjusted for different classes and I ended up middle of the pack, which I'm pretty satisfied with.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Ronzuki

Made a half-baked lazy attempt at 'washing' the embedded grime off it by running it through a not-so-stellar gas station car wash while the sun is making a rare appearance today. Well, it's mostly kinda cleaner-er-ish. Forgot how nice the paint color is...been a good long time since it's been really clean-n-shiny.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
BLyons

Put my winter tires back on. To my surprise, the car recognized the sensors the first time I drove it. Usually it would take a couple days or close to an hour of driving for that.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Camel

Just changed the oil and oil filter at 24,000km. Been a mechanic for 39 years, this is the first vehicle I've had to buy an oil filter socket for. Not complaining though, love the Kizashi!
Tom Kizzie

ok........
but the filter is the most normal filter there is I think. I did the same a few weeks ago and was lucky to only use one hand (no tools). Half of the times that I did the oil myself I used a oil filter wrench
kizashi 6mt black
Triggerhappy

Camel wrote:Just changed the oil and oil filter at 24,000km. Been a mechanic for 39 years, this is the first vehicle I've had to buy an oil filter socket for. Not complaining though, love the Kizashi!
You should know it's not the vehicle then, it's how tightly the person before installed it.

My previous car was a Sonata and I planned its first oil change at the same time as my mom's Sonata first oil change. One filter came off easily. On the second car, I tried using a cheap oil filter wrench I already had and it didn't work. Then I went to the auto parts store and got a different brand wrench and it still didn't work. I brought it back and told them and they recommended a tool that looked like tongs with teeth. That finally got the factory oil filter off.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
SamirD

Yeah an overtightened filter is what needs a wrench--not a particular car.

I bought the Suzuki filter wrench to get the first filter off--after that, I could have gotten them off by hand because I didn't overtighten them.

I have a Porsche filter wrench too--guess why? Even at $250 for an oil change, they still overtightened the housing (it uses a cartridge system). No wonder other HSV locals would ship their car to Atlanta for an oil change than let the local dealership touch it. :roll:
SamirD

It's been a while, but I swapped to the winter set again. Looks like this will be the last year for them too as they're almost to the wear indicators and you need that deep tread for good snow traction. The summers will be on their last season as well unless I don't want to care about wet traction. :D Did the relearn using the air drop trick and it took on the first shot. :D
Ronzuki

SamirD wrote: Did the relearn using the air drop trick and it took on the first shot. :D
You'll have to sell your services...you've got the touch apparently.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)