What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

KlutzNinja wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:15 am Kuro, what happened to that Impreza after you sold it? Do you know how many miles your friend put on it? I’m guessing it’s been “retired,” but if not, that would be remarkable.
My friend had it in Washington, DC for about a year and a half. I was working in the city then too so I saw it often. It was quite amazing during the 2010 "Snowmageddon" largely because it was an AWD vehicle and the only one around with chains. I had carried the chains all along in the trunk as they were required on the California mountains, where I previously lived, in heavy snow conditions. I sold the car with the chains and during Snowmageddon, we put them on and it was epic. I later learned the reason why no one else had chains: they are technically illegal in the DC area but we got through snowmageddon with no trouble from the law. Not like the RWD Crown Vics could keep up anyway.

The last I saw the Impreza was the day my friend set off from DC on a solo cross-country trip to Idaho. He ended his internship in DC and was moving back there where he came from. I later met up with him and he told me that shortly after he got back to Idaho, he sold it there. He no longer needed it as it was his DC car and he had a truck back in Idaho. He actually sold it for more than he bought it for given I gave him a bargain "friend's deal" and the Subaru AWD was a hotter commodity in Idaho. The 15 year-old Impreza made it cross-country with over 230,000 miles on it on the original engine and transmission. It was definitely one of the better Subarus ever made with the rock-solid EJ22 engine and the 4EAT automatic transmission. It largely ran on maintenance until about 200,000 miles and the main reason I sold it was because I wanted to get a manual transmission vehicle. I replaced the Impreza with a 2005 Mazda3 with a 5 speed manual; the car I had before the Kizashi. I can say the Impreza and the Kizashi were more alike with higher build quality and a more surefooted and planted feel on the road. The Mazda3 was the lighter, nimble-feeling vehicle that had an excellent engine and transmission pairing but in an otherwise chintzy shell of a car. It was fun to drive but not very comfortable for my long commutes at the time. The Kizashi was a luxurious upgrade in comfort and refinement in comparison and just an overall better car.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Ronzuki wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:34 am Well it's that time of year again....what I did with my K today....

Fired her up, rolled her out of the garage , and... wait for it....drove it to work! After months in hibernation, stretched its donuts. Today was a wonderful day to give it a nice casual run. God I love this car.. After lumbering around in the CX5 all winter, it was really, really nice to settle back in behind the wheel. Seems to be almost begging for me to get down to business. Had to restrain myself today. Tomorrow, however, is another day. Feeling the urge to exercise the nimbleness once again.

Annual state safety inspection is due this month. I might have to actually break down this year, maybe, and put some new brake pads on it. At over 94k and 11 years, the original Akebonos may actually not pass inspection. :facepalm: We shall see. Incredible...no noises, no pulling, no vibrating, no problems. 3/32nds all around last year, so logic would say they've dropped below that in the last year which would be a fail.
Passed again :D Unbelievable. 94,638 on the original Akebono equipment and still going. Was told for the 4th year in a row, "it'll need them replaced all around next year." I say "maybe ". (brakes are over-rated). Might have to give her a treat and do them this summer at my leisure. And, for the 11th year in a row the K hasn't cost me anything to pass annual inspection and emissions testing. In true Suzuki fashion,...bulbs, wiper blades, filters, fluids , oils, a set of plugs, and tires is all its ever needed in its life. Another season of :drive: the nicest car I've ever owned.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Woodie

Yeah, I've got close to 60K and my rears are getting thin. Probably do them this weekend.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

Before its demise, I had 128K on the rear brakes. Still have the rotors sitting around. Replaced the front at about 100K.
Still miss her...
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
n8dogg

Had to use vinegar to wash my car! I work near a concrete plant and the dust from it settles on the car and it won't come off with regular soap and water...grrrr! Thinking of applying a ceramic wax...keep getting recommendations from others for it.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
KuroNekko

n8dogg wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:45 am Had to use vinegar to wash my car! I work near a concrete plant and the dust from it settles on the car and it won't come off with regular soap and water...grrrr! Thinking of applying a ceramic wax...keep getting recommendations from others for it.
Trying using a clay bar before applying any sort of paint sealant.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
n8dogg

KuroNekko wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:49 pm Trying using a clay bar before applying any sort of paint sealant.
Will do. Good time to catch up on some paint chip repair too!
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
SAEED_KIZZY

finally, after 2 years, I have a chance to buy a paddle shifter for my Kizashi DLX just need to do some cutting and wiring on my steering wheel to fit this beauty :D :D
photo_2021-04-29_21-47-52.jpg
old tech

Nice. I’m interested in knowing what else if anything, is needed to pull this off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAEED_KIZZY

I already add 2 push buttons in the back of my steering wheel and it works fine, but the OE paddle shifter became much better to use.
when it arrives I will post the review