Recall......

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KCKizashi

babacu wrote:
KCKizashi wrote:Just got my car back from the dealer this afternoon and they replaced the broken subwoofer which seems to be a wide-spread problem here, and also had the center door replaced under the recall.
Just curious, do you notice any difference with the replaced door? Does it open the same way (with the dampened move), or does it have a different closing mechanism?

Thx.
The "hinge" or "gear" seems to have more tension to it. The new door definately feels sturdier when opening, and requires a bit more pressure when closing. One thing I did notice was a slight difference in surface/color of the new door, but I've armorall'd the rest of the interior so that may be the visual difference.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
TheHolyGhost

I wonder what the modification to the door was. Oh well, glad they were able to engineer a new door without sacrificing the aesthetics, assuming that it's not a different color.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
stapletondoc

The new door does seem much more substantial and sturdy. I did notice that the color is not a complete match to my current black interior as well. Guess you can't win them all.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
TheHolyGhost

Does anyone have a picture?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
JDReichert

Just completed the installation of the ash trey door on the recall. Other than the door has more tension on it and it opens faster with a little more push, it matches the interior perfectly and works great. My dealer always takes great care to keep our car clean and there is not even finger prints on anything. They protect the total interior by never sitting on the actual seats or placing their feet on the carpet. This is a quality establish in Puyallup, Washington.
Jerry - 2010 Kizashi SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 633 BMWCSi
TheHolyGhost

I'm jealous.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES