Recall......

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
volunteer

http://www.thecarconnection.com/marty-b ... shi-sedans

For the little door on the lower dash storage bin......
TheHolyGhost

Good to know. I have to take my back to get my condensation filled headlight replaced, so they can do this at the same time.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
stapletondoc

Guess they can fix this when I take it in to get the front bumper repainted, the grille replaced, the windshield replaced, and a dent from a golf ball hitting the driver's door popped out (which curiously did not even scratch the paint or clear coat on the door....and yet the paint on the hood and front bumper chips and peels so freakin' easily).
Last edited by stapletondoc on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
KCKizashi

I just talked to my dealership about the replacement SubWoofer and he confirmed the recall on the dash part. No details yet as he stated this is the first time he's seen news on it.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
vwoom

Found the recall article too from Autoblog...a very minor recall, nothing to fuss about really compared to other makes (i.e. :shock: Toyota :shock: , etc)
---
Suzuki Kizashi hits the recall skids over dashboard safety issue
by Zach Bowman (RSS feed) on Jun 30th, 2010 at 5:21PM

"Bad news for the loveable Suzuki Kizashi: the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has issued a recall on the Japanese sedan. Evidently, the lower glove box door can pop open during an accident, possibly coming in contact with the front passenger's body at the same time. For those interested in such things, the news means that the Kizashi doesn't conform to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 201. The standard deals with passenger protection from impact on pieces of the car's interior, fittingly enough.

According to the NHTSA, Suzuki will replace the offending door with a new piece free of charge on all 5,107 Kizashi models covered by the recall. There's no word on how long the fix should take. For more information, owners can check out the NHTSA site or contact their local Suzuki dealer.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/30/suzu ... ety-issue/
---
And here's the NHTSA Recall Bulletin..
---
Report Date : June 30, 2010 at 09:37 PM
NHTSA Campaign ID number : 10V287000

Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
SUZUKI / KIZASHI 2010
Manufacturer: AMERICAN SUZUKI MOTOR CORP. Mfr's Report Date: JUN 25, 2010
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V287000
N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: STRUCTURE:BODY:DOOR:HINGE AND ATTACHMENTS
Potential Number of Units Affected: 5107
Summary:
SUZUKI IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 KIZASHI PASSENGER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM OCTOBER 13, 2009 THROUGH MAY 31, 2010. THE HINGED DOOR OF THE CENTER LOWER BOX LOCATED IN THE FRONT DASHBOARD AREA FAILS TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 201, "OCCUPANT PROTECTION IN INTERIOR IMPACT."
Consequence:
THE DOOR MAY OPEN IN A CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY TO THE VEHICLE'S OCCUPANTS.
Remedy:
SUZUKI WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER LOWER BOX OF THE AFFECTED VEHICLES WITH A NEW PART FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT JULY 9, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SUZUKI AT 1-714-996-7040.
Notes:
SUZUKI'S CAMPAIGN NUMBER IS SG. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
---
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/re ... refurl=rss
Last edited by vwoom on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
lookin

ahhh minor thing
NJKizashi

It's more trouble going to the dealer to fix such a Bullshit thing.... :roll:

13 k miles...No Gremlins....cept for paint specks 8-)
gaww

Compare to run away missiles (Toyotas), this is minor.

PS NJkizashi, I went through the NJ-NY metro area and on the LI and back. No paint chips like yours. i did unfortunately pick up a dent in my lower front bumper at a service area on the NJT. I think they call that a "paint chip" in NJ.
TheHolyGhost

I think they call that a "mod"
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
uforaverwill

I just spoke with my Suzuki dealer and they told me it's 2 recalls. The door hinge of course and they need to update the computer information in the car. They will call me when those parts arrive.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver