Recall......

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
stapletondoc

I called American Suzuki yesterday....they told me two recalls as well.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
Senegal

just got both recalls done on the car...

the second one is an update to the CVT module to keep it more "efficient"....i've noticed that it's more responsive, doesn't quiet have the lag in the first 15 mph either. Gas mileage is mainly unaffected.

also, the car was repainted (hood, front fenders, rear fenders)
lookin

very nice i guess you was one with chips and they took care of you...so you like the cvt better now?
jimmerz

I need that one! I don't wanna sound like I am bitchin too much but 20.5 and 19.1 for my first 2 tanks of gas? Maybe the update will help?

I could've stayed in my big boat Ford 500 V6 and got the same mpg I am getting in the Kizashi! (I love driving this car though). :)
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
TheHolyGhost

Trying to make the car look like Superman?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Schuzuki

vwoom wrote:Found the recall article too from Autoblog...a very minor recall, nothing to fuss about really compared to other makes (i.e. :shock: Toyota :shock: , etc)
---
Suzuki Kizashi hits the recall skids over dashboard safety issue
by Zach Bowman (RSS feed) on Jun 30th, 2010 at 5:21PM

"Bad news for the loveable Suzuki Kizashi: the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has issued a recall on the Japanese sedan. Evidently, the lower glove box door can pop open during an accident, possibly coming in contact with the front passenger's body at the same time. For those interested in such things, the news means that the Kizashi doesn't conform to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 201. The standard deals with passenger protection from impact on pieces of the car's interior, fittingly enough.

According to the NHTSA, Suzuki will replace the offending door with a new piece free of charge on all 5,107 Kizashi models covered by the recall. There's no word on how long the fix should take. For more information, owners can check out the NHTSA site or contact their local Suzuki dealer.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/30/suzu ... ety-issue/
---
And here's the NHTSA Recall Bulletin..
---
Report Date : June 30, 2010 at 09:37 PM
NHTSA Campaign ID number : 10V287000

Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
SUZUKI / KIZASHI 2010
Manufacturer: AMERICAN SUZUKI MOTOR CORP. Mfr's Report Date: JUN 25, 2010
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V287000
N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: STRUCTURE:BODY:DOOR:HINGE AND ATTACHMENTS
Potential Number of Units Affected: 5107
Summary:
SUZUKI IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 KIZASHI PASSENGER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM OCTOBER 13, 2009 THROUGH MAY 31, 2010. THE HINGED DOOR OF THE CENTER LOWER BOX LOCATED IN THE FRONT DASHBOARD AREA FAILS TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 201, "OCCUPANT PROTECTION IN INTERIOR IMPACT."
Consequence:
THE DOOR MAY OPEN IN A CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY TO THE VEHICLE'S OCCUPANTS.
Remedy:
SUZUKI WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER LOWER BOX OF THE AFFECTED VEHICLES WITH A NEW PART FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT JULY 9, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SUZUKI AT 1-714-996-7040.
Notes:
SUZUKI'S CAMPAIGN NUMBER IS SG. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
---
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/re ... refurl=rss
It's not the glovebox door, it's the door in the console ahead of the shifter. The concern is that if you have junk in there, it could come flying out. I'm thinking that the only way is if you really got torpedoed from behind... I have a copy of the tech bulletin to replace it. 13 pages of step by step. I'm thinking about .75 hours labor to replace it.
Schuzuki

jimmerz wrote:I need that one! I don't wanna sound like I am bitchin too much but 20.5 and 19.1 for my first 2 tanks of gas? Maybe the update will help?

I could've stayed in my big boat Ford 500 V6 and got the same mpg I am getting in the Kizashi! (I love driving this car though). :)
You didn't indicate what type of driving you do, or your style... I've put about 1400 miles on mine and averaged almost 29 mpg; calculated not from the DIC. Almost half of that distance was a road trip with the A/C going full blast, in AWD and speeds between 70-75 with cruise engaged.

The car is such a hoot when you nail the pedal and back off about 15 over the limit, but it's tough on the mpg. If you do a lot of stop and go driving, the mileage is going to be on the low end.
Senegal

on the 70 mile trip back from the dealer, I averaged 31 mpg, speed 75-80mph, AC set at 70.

City wise, my mpg could be as low as 20 at times.

SLS AWD
autopiolet

I just got back from a 250 mile drive and got 27.3 at 83mph cruse control with air set at 73.
jimmerz

Well I do mostly local driving. Some country roads, stop signs and some red lights. I would hardly call it city, more like Suburbia.

I am not in AWD and I have put the pedal down some (cause it is fun). However, most of the time I am just cruising along, pretty mellow. Sort of like how a 39yr old would drive, lol.

My last tank actually had a decent amount of hwy miles mixed in so I thought it was going to be better than the first tank....BUT, it was not.

I do not use the computer for actual calculations. Each time I refuel, I reset my trip B and when I fill up I divide the gallons purchased into the miles I log in trip B (267 miles, 14 gallons of fuel = 19.1 mpg).

I will give it a break in period and change the oil soon just to get some fresh stuff in there, but 19 or 20 mpg in a 4cyl is killing me. :(

I'll report back.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!