CVT computer update??

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Hawkzilla

I'm reading about this on the forum but nobody is really offering any solid intel... any help on this would be greatly appreciated. If it does in fact increase initial acceleration I would love to have it done.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
TheHolyGhost

Do you find that it's better if you ease into the gas vs. just floor it? I find that on my MT. It seems to happen on almost all drive by wire cars. I think they flatten out the throttle response to make it smoother. This may be a separate concern, but I definitely see that.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

I actually do find that to be more effective. I was driving "normal" one day and found my kizashi taking off with my gas petal about half way down. But if there is some computer adjustment being done by dealers that helps the acceleration, I want it!
stapletondoc

This may be the software flash aka the second recall that the customer service rep at American Suzuki mentioned when I called about the official recall of the middle center box door on the dash.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
SX4toKizashi

Just get it done bro. I had it done yesterday to fix my CVT issue. The initial acceleration does feel more responsive. The difference is not dramatic but it's there.

BTW they told me there are 2 upgrades not just one but Freakin tech wont give me the details.
KCKizashi

stapletondoc wrote:This may be the software flash aka the second recall that the customer service rep at American Suzuki mentioned when I called about the official recall of the middle center box door on the dash.
I called Suzuki USA yesterday and the only issue this guy knew of was the center console door recall. I asked about the volume jumps and he said he knew nothing about it. I asked about a "second recall" or a service adjustment for the computer system and he knew nothing about it. Either he was completely oblivious to what's going on or he's been instructed to act dumb to these other issues until they're officially announced.
Regardless, I have the sudden volume jumps and the dealer can't recreate it..... I also have the sluggish acceleration with the CVT and the dealer said it checked out fine with no issue. I'm getting frustrated with all of the info floating around here, users confirming the same issues I'm having but Suzuki has no knowledge of any problems.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
gaww

I called my dealer service department, and initially got the "no info" response. He then put my vin number into their system and out popped the glove box door recall and the CVT reprogram. They set up an appointment to do them next Monday

I would call them again and tell them to run your vin number thru their computer and at least the CVT reprogram should come up. They said not all Kizashi's were flagged for the glove box fix.

PS - When I first asked and told them I had learned about these from the forum, he said "don't trust the forums too much - there is a lot of miss-info on them". After he put in the VIN, he ate a little crow,,,
Hawkzilla

My biggest problem is my dealer is absolutely clueless when it comes to Suzuki cars. I would practically have to get a job there myself to get anything done. I will try the VIN # trick though... I want this CVT update!
KCKizashi

Hawkzilla wrote:My biggest problem is my dealer is absolutely clueless when it comes to Suzuki cars. I would practically have to get a job there myself to get anything done. I will try the VIN # trick though... I want this CVT update!
Exactly!! same here. My dealership has about 8 different brands including Mitsubishi, Lincoln, Mazdas..etc. the Suzuki "expert" technicians are housed in the Lincoln/Mercury service garage. the desk tech even stated on several occasions that since Kizashi is a new model to them they don't have enough knowledge of it. Based on the forums and internet research I feel I know more about this car than they do.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
gaww

My dealer has other makes also - very little knowledge of the Suzuki's. Was not until I had them put in the VIN number that anything happened.