CVT computer update??

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
autopiolet

I got my CVT reprogrammed. The service tech told me it was to fix the lag. It sort of fixed the lag, now instead of "shifting" from 1st to 6th, it "shifts" from 1st to 3rd or 4th - can't make my mind up about that, it is about at the 20 mph mark. The recall TCM for the CVT is SF. TCM for the console door is SG but they have that on order.
gaww

I just had it done (along with the door hinge recall). The service bulletin was very technical, but sounded like it was mainly to fix some possible circumstances that could indicate faults in the system.

Whatever the purpose, I found NO change in the lag from stop nor the steady state rpm's (5700-5900) in a sustained acceleration above 15-20 mph. I tested it on a nice quiet Interstate on-ramp after a sufficient warm-up after leaving the dealer.

For those of you with a manual transmission - the lag is similar to what you would experience if you made a hard start in 2nd. This may be the nature of the beast - a physical limitation due to a relative ly high effective lowest gear ratio not unlike starting in second.

i was also hoping for a change in the steady state acceleration also, but there appears to be none.
uforaverwill

gaww wrote:I just had it done (along with the door hinge recall). The service bulletin was very technical, but sounded like it was mainly to fix some possible circumstances that could indicate faults in the system.

Whatever the purpose, I found NO change in the lag from stop nor the steady state rpm's (5700-5900) in a sustained acceleration above 15-20 mph. I tested it on a nice quiet Interstate on-ramp after a sufficient warm-up after leaving the dealer.

For those of you with a manual transmission - the lag is similar to what you would experience if you made a hard start in 2nd. This may be the nature of the beast - a physical limitation due to a relative ly high effective lowest gear ratio not unlike starting in second.

i was also hoping for a change in the steady state acceleration also, but there appears to be none.

Strange :?
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
gaww

uforaverwill wrote:
gaww wrote:I just had it done (along with the door hinge recall). The service bulletin was very technical, but sounded like it was mainly to fix some possible circumstances that could indicate faults in the system.

Strange :?
Maybe not - maybe there is more then one reprogram. The one I got sounded mostly preventative. On the invoice, it states:
"SD9999 REPROGRAM TCM PER RECALL"
"FC: SF-99"

It was covered in a service bulletin - I am now hoping that there may be another one out there. As others get this done, let's compare notes to see.
stapletondoc

FINALLY, I got my car back from the dealership after 7 days without wheels. The CVT update definitely makes a huge difference in the way the car handles. The front bumper appears paint chip/peeling paint free. The clear bra on the front bumper looks good. The clear bra on the back bumper looks ok, but has bubbles around one of the parking sensors. The service rep. said it would go away soon. RE the door hinge recall, it appears that they replaced the door with one that is considerably more substantial (less flimsy than the original one). Beware though!!!! Someone managed to scratch the crap out of my HVAC and radio displays while it was in service. NOT HAPPY with that at all. The dealership said it would only replace the faceplate on the HVAC. Guess the other faceplate is integrated into the radio. This is approaching the breaking point for me. I have been patient and understanding until now. I am losing faith in my little cursed Kizashi. I hope none of the other proud owners of Kizashi's have to go through all the rubbish with which I've had to deal. I am so missing my Mercedes right now.

At this point, I think it prudent that I seek out an exorcist to rid this cursed Kizashi of its bad mojo (and I am only half-heartedly joking about this).
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
gaww

Sorry to hear you are still having so many problems.

If you got a Dealer Service Invoice after all the work, can you look and see if there are codes/numbers for the CVT reprogram. if so, please post them, as per my previous post - I did not note any change in response on mine (there may be different reprogram TSBs).
TheHolyGhost

Poor Doc. I really hope your luck turns around with the car. They really can be a blast :-)
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
JDReichert

Today I had the up-dated computer information installed on our SLS. According to the technician this update changed the input to the servo motor that controls the transmission shifting as well as the code correction software. I did notice a difference in how the car goes up hills in drive after the installation. Hills that where I was needing to manually shift from Drive to 5th or 4th, now the car climes just fine, without that lugging feeling it had. The RPM appears to be revving just a slight more at low speeds below 20 mph. I feel this is an improvement. Time will tell what is does to gas mileage but the car drives better.

Jerry – 2010 Kizashi SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
lookin

i too had this done today and i believe there is an improvement car seems to want to run too...im happy
KCKizashi

Take this statement at face value - I spoke to the desk guy yesterday afternoon about the CVT re-program again, and he stated that they were in the process of doing several reprograms and noticed something wasnt right. They contacted Suzuki and was told the program was not correct and to halt all work. Again, this is from a desk jockey who also sets appointments for 8 other model cars so I cannot confirm it. Additionally, I was told by this dealership AND Suzuki USA that my model of CVT (verified by my VIN#) did not require the reprogram so evidently the CVT "recall" does not apply to ALL, just some.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD