CVT computer update??

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
JDReichert

To KCKizashi. That's very good info. and I for one appreciate the input. We need all the info we can gleem because most Suzuki dealers are in the dark also. Thanks ago for your help.

Jerry
lookin

well all i know as i was getting mine done they told me it would be a while longer because suzuki sent some more updates for my car not sure what the updates were but car is running better...also got the recall color seem right
autopiolet

I just got a notice from Suzuki today about about an emission recall. It say's the CVT primary pulley stepper motor may not work smoothly in some instances. It says the malfunction indicator light may illuminate and the CVT could go into a fail-safe mode resulting in restriction of maximum speed to about 30 mph. It is not on all kizashi's but it is on mine due to my VIN #. I recently had the CVT computer up date so I hope they fix this part too. The service guy told me that had to do with the lag so I'll have to see what's up. My car is running great and peppy with that computer fix.
Hawkzilla

Thanks people. My Kizashi is at the dealer as I type, so I will post tomorrow whether or not I can feel any difference.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
uforaverwill

Going to bring my Kizashi in tomorrow to the dealership. I will let you guys know if I feel a difference.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Hawkzilla

Okay, I got it done but of course their had to be a a "catch" to it. As I have stated before, my dealership is CLUELESS when it comes to Suzuki. The day I brought it in I got a the letter about the CVT recall. So when I picked my car up last night I asked the guy if he downloaded the recall or the other CVT "update", or if it automatically downloads and installs ALL updates available... his response was a blank stare, slack jaw, then "uh huh". So, who the hell knows what got updated and what didn't.

All I can tell you is I noticed ZERO change in any aspect of the car's performance. I'm not convinced they even updated it at all. So now my question is, does anyone know a way that I can check if it was updated? Is there anything on the car's display that will give me a version date or number??
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
lookin

hey hawk i cant answer your question but thats funny shit,,,maybe another dealer?
kckizashi30

KCKizashi wrote:Take this statement at face value - I spoke to the desk guy yesterday afternoon about the CVT re-program again, and he stated that they were in the process of doing several reprograms and noticed something wasnt right. They contacted Suzuki and was told the program was not correct and to halt all work. Again, this is from a desk jockey who also sets appointments for 8 other model cars so I cannot confirm it. Additionally, I was told by this dealership AND Suzuki USA that my model of CVT (verified by my VIN#) did not require the reprogram so evidently the CVT "recall" does not apply to ALL, just some.

KCKizashi it sounds like we go to the same dealership. I have a 10 SLS AWD with CVT and called the dealership this morning and had them run the VIN. They did not find anything on the CVT but of course the glove box recall. If you get any info from the dealer about CVT can you please let me know. I am going to visit a dealer who mainly sells and services Suzuki and see what I found out.
gaww

Mine was updated with the recall letter CVT update. I have been trying to find out if there is really another one, but so far it does not appear to be. I also did not notice any performance impact of the update.
speedsterz

According to the dealer my car was one of the ones reflashed with the CVT update. Honestly, I love this car but boy is it sluggish off the line all the way thru 2nd. I read elsewhere in the forum that some members had very good results with the drop in K&N filter, perhaps that's the answer? Does anyone have the short air intake from RRM that can provide some performance results/feedback?
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Platinum Silver

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."