Request for Help and Information

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KCKizashi

There's several different topics on here related to TSBs, Recalls, Computer updates and such. If anyone who has had any of this work done, had Suzuki USA or your local dealer confirm any of these items, PLEASE get all the official information such as the recall data, TSB# and post it here. It'll make things a lot easier on the rest of us to go into the dealerships armed with accurate data instead of rumors and incomplete information. Thanks!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Center Console Door Recall :
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V287000
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallsearch.cfm - Input Campaign ID into "Quick Search" box (lower right of screen)
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
gaww

Per my posts in the other threads - have them run you VIN number - it pulled up the CVT reprogram and the recall when they did.
KCKizashi

gaww wrote:Per my posts in the other threads - have them run you VIN number - it pulled up the CVT reprogram and the recall when they did.
On the invoice the dealer should have put a code or work order reference. If you have that, please post it here. It won't help us to go into the dealer and say we saw something about it on a forum. Even if our cars don't meet the criteria, having that information is valuable when dealing with the dealerships.

Thanks.
gaww

I am not due to go in until coming Monday. Will get invoice then.
volunteer

KCKizashi wrote:There's several different topics on here related to TSBs, Recalls, Computer updates and such. If anyone who has had any of this work done, had Suzuki USA or your local dealer confirm any of these items, PLEASE get all the official information such as the recall data, TSB# and post it here. It'll make things a lot easier on the rest of us to go into the dealerships armed with accurate data instead of rumors and incomplete information. Thanks!!
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallsearch.cfm - Input Campaign ID into "Quick Search" box (lower right of screen)
There is ONE recall on the car, the console door, thats it. The dealer that told someone the transmission reflash was a recall was wrong. The recall notification usually goes to the dealer principal. Typically if the service dept. doesn't know all of the details, it's because the letter hasn't made its way to them from the office.

Mfgs. don't like to publish TSB info any longer because everyone and their cousin gets ahold of them and goes to the dealer wanting the work done. They usually apply to a very specific range of VIN numbers, but people don't pay attention to that and give the dealership hell for not doing the work on their car. (I worked as a service writer at a dealership one summer....cut the guys some slack)
KCKizashi

volunteer wrote:
KCKizashi wrote:There's several different topics on here related to TSBs, Recalls, Computer updates and such. If anyone who has had any of this work done, had Suzuki USA or your local dealer confirm any of these items, PLEASE get all the official information such as the recall data, TSB# and post it here. It'll make things a lot easier on the rest of us to go into the dealerships armed with accurate data instead of rumors and incomplete information. Thanks!!
There is ONE recall on the car, the console door, thats it. The dealer that told someone the transmission reflash was a recall was wrong. The recall notification usually goes to the dealer principal. Typically if the service dept. doesn't know all of the details, it's because the letter hasn't made its way to them from the office.

Mfgs. don't like to publish TSB info any longer because everyone and their cousin gets ahold of them and goes to the dealer wanting the work done. They usually apply to a very specific range of VIN numbers, but people don't pay attention to that and give the dealership hell for not doing the work on their car. (I worked as a service writer at a dealership one summer....cut the guys some slack)
Volunteer you nailed the point exactly. Statements about a TSB opened for the volume jumping suddenly, the CVT re-program is another recall are floating around this forum and we're trying to confirm these as official or just mis-stated by the dealerships as such.
autopiolet

Last week I stopped by my Suzuki dealer and told the service rep if he knew about the recalls, he said he needs to order the console door but he can do the computer reprogram any time. So I did not have to tell him what the recalls were for. I'm taking it in this Saturday.
KCKizashi

autopiolet wrote:Last week I stopped by my Suzuki dealer and told the service rep if he knew about the recalls, he said he needs to order the console door but he can do the computer reprogram any time. So I did not have to tell him what the recalls were for. I'm taking it in this Saturday.
Great! be sure to get the details on the computer program service and post it here. Thanks!!
gaww

KCKizashi wrote:
autopiolet wrote:Last week I stopped by my Suzuki dealer and told the service rep if he knew about the recalls, he said he needs to order the console door but he can do the computer reprogram any time. So I did not have to tell him what the recalls were for. I'm taking it in this Saturday.
Great! be sure to get the details on the computer program service and post it here. Thanks!!
I am not going to realy on anything the dealer service says in the bulletin - driving it will be the the real indicator.

There are some quiet open roads just east of the dealer - and I am hoping to see improvements off the line and possible well above it. It now revs up to 5700 and the CVT keeps it there coming out an interstate entrance ramp (they have some short entrances here and sometimes you do have to nail it).

Peak torque is at 4000 and peak hp is at 6500. The sweet spot might be further down towards the peak torque rpm (forgot the rule of thumb here - but it seems like it is peppier at the lower rpm). In any case, I will be interested to see if it noticeably changes/improves anything.

I will post results in any case.
lookin

this is right up your alley mr.performance suzuki is gonna take care of you