2010 Vivid Red Kizashi - new owner

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
TheHolyGhost

Cool! I'm excited to see the results from the strut bar install.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KizzyOHIO

I am interested in both products. Can't wait to see pics, hear how the installation went, and find out about performance improvements!
2010 White Manual Kizzy "S" -riding badgeless-
babacu

speedsterz wrote:I did have to go into the dealer this weekend for the driver's side tweeter that kept shorting out and making static noises but no big deal, they ordered a new tweeter and I should be good to go once that's installed.
Was that happening all the time? How pronounced was it (the static noise)?

I'm asking because I do hear static noise from time to time (kind of like when the radio is not properly tuned to a station's frequency), but wasn't able to pinpoint the problem (I was suspecting bad reception, like a poor antenna, or something). Your mentioning of the tweeter problem makes me think I might deal with something similar.

Thx.
speedsterz

babacu, the "static" noise honestly sounded like a critter scratching away at the plastic where the tweeter is located. Family, friends, service advisor, and Suzuki tech swore there was some type of critter inside the door panel.....we opened up the door panel and searched everywhere possible...nothing....I drove off and again noise was back....went back to dealer, they disconnected the tweeter and sure enough noise was gone.

I think I hear the same static that your hearing and it's different than the noise I experienced. My previous 09 Lancer had the same reception issues, I agree with you that its more likely a weak antenna in the Kizashi.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Platinum Silver

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
babacu

speedsterz wrote:babacu, the "static" noise honestly sounded like a critter scratching away at the plastic where the tweeter is located. Family, friends, service advisor, and Suzuki tech swore there was some type of critter inside the door panel.....we opened up the door panel and searched everywhere possible...nothing....I drove off and again noise was back....went back to dealer, they disconnected the tweeter and sure enough noise was gone.

I think I hear the same static that your hearing and it's different than the noise I experienced. My previous 09 Lancer had the same reception issues, I agree with you that its more likely a weak antenna in the Kizashi.
Thanks a lot for the info. It's likely I don't have the tweeter problem in that case. So it must be an antenna with poor reception (I think it's on the rear window, or somewhere in that area).
TheHolyGhost

It is embedded in the rear window. On my Audi it used to kill my reception when I turned on the rear defroster. Is your defroster on?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES