The Kizashi Spotting Thread!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

Oh, I think the Kizashi's front looks very similar to the Mk V Jetta and other people have told me that too. That silver one pictured above is not a Kizashi but a debadged Jetta. The headlights, grill placement, the bumper shape, side markers, etc. all have similar designs between the Kizashi and the Jetta.

As for the fog lights, I was not aware the Jetta shares the same part. I was one who sourced a fog light listed for another car but that was a Toyota Yaris.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

WESHOOT2 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 am Mybe because Suzuki spent time in the VW wind tunnel?
Wouldn't surprise me--they did take a lot of the styling ideas that were hot at the time and put them together pretty seamlessly on the Kizashi. Car still looks great!
golftango

SamirD wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:14 am
Does make sense why someone on here was able to get the fog lights from the Jetta for the Kizashi as they were the same part number. 8-)
Just for the record, the Kizashi and VW fog lamps are two entirely different bezels and lamp assemblies. They are no way interchangeable.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
KuroNekko

golftango wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:12 pm
Does make sense why someone on here was able to get the fog lights from the Jetta for the Kizashi as they were the same part number. 8-)
Just for the record, the Kizashi and VW fog lamps are two entirely different bezels and lamp assemblies. They are no way interchangeable.
Yeah, I'm sure he got it confused with the Toyota Yaris as I was actually the person here who had to replace one fog light that was damaged during my cross-country trip in 2017. I checked the part # and it was an exact match for the OE fog light for a Yaris of the same model year. I ordered a new one listed for the Yaris and it fit perfectly as it was identical to the Kizashi's OE fog light. I posted about this back then.
golftango

KuroNekko wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:31 pm
golftango wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:12 pm
Yeah, I'm sure he got it confused with the Toyota Yaris as I was actually the person here who had to replace one fog light that was damaged during my cross-country trip in 2017. I checked the part # and it was an exact match for the OE fog light for a Yaris of the same model year. I ordered a new one listed for the Yaris and it fit perfectly as it was identical to the Kizashi's OE fog light. I posted about this back then.
Wow, would you look at that. The Toyota/Lexus is the same exact housing! Only difference is the reflector plate is a bit different on the USDM Toyota one. However if you get the Toyota JDM (Vitz / Mark X / ZiO) housing, it's an exact match to the Kizashi's.

Kizashi:

US Yaris:

Toyota JDM:
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Evanzo7

KuroNekko wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:52 am
WESHOOT2 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:08 pm Still fairly common around here......
I agreed that the Kizashi's design was not radical but still something interesting. I often think the Buick Regal of the Kizashi's generation looked similar with the rather rounded shape and exhaust finishers. The front of the Kizashi looked a bit like the Mk V VW Jetta but the Kizashi Sport models definitely had more of an aggressive aesthetic.

I assume Buick is under the GM flag, because that isn't far different from the Vauxhall Insignia we get over here.

Also, I always say the Kizashi Sport as a better looking C-Class Merc, as far as I am aware they had the same designer, that'll probably be why.
I could be wrong but I am sure I heard it was an ex Mercedes employee that designed the Suzuki.

"If in doubt , flat out" - Colin McRae 1968 -2007
KlutzNinja

According to Wikipedia, Vauxhall is Opel’s sibling company based in the UK, both owned by Stellantis, formerly GM.
And Buick is GM, yes. For a time, Buick’s lineup was either rebadged Chevrolets or rebadged Opels (GM’s German automaker). The Opel Buicks, including the Regal, looked/felt different inside and drove more European compared to the Chevy-based Buicks. A little while ago Opel was sold and is now a subsidiary of Stellantis (formerly Fiat-Chrysler, now with Peugeot), but Opel continued to make Buicks for GM for a period after to fulfill a contract.
The forgotten recent Buick convertible (I can’t even remember its name lol) was another Opel-Buick.
Last edited by KlutzNinja on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
KuroNekko

Evanzo7 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:15 pm

I assume Buick is under the GM flag, because that isn't far different from the Vauxhall Insignia we get over here.

Also, I always say the Kizashi Sport as a better looking C-Class Merc, as far as I am aware they had the same designer, that'll probably be why.
I could be wrong but I am sure I heard it was an ex Mercedes employee that designed the Suzuki.

Yes, the Buick Regal was a USDM version of the Opel Insignia, which was the Vauxhall Insignia in the UK. The vehicle was European as it was designed by Opel in Germany and even the USDM Regals were built there. However, these cars have since faded out from the US market due to low sales and mostly because GM sold Opel to PSA, which then merged with FCA to form Stellantis. Thus Opel is under Stellantis now.

As for the Kizashi's designer, I have no idea if it was someone formerly from Benz. I thought I saw somewhere that it was a Japanese designer but I'm not sure.
KuroNekko

KlutzNinja wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:20 pm
The forgotten recent Buick convertible (I can’t even remember its name lol) was another Opel-Buick.
The Buick Cascada! These things are Kizashi-rare too. There was a UK member here who parted with his Kizashi to get a Vauxhall version of this but later moved onto a Fiat roadster.

KlutzNinja

KuroNekko wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:55 pm
KlutzNinja wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:20 pm
The Buick Cascada! These things are Kizashi-rare too. There was a UK member here who parted with his Kizashi to get a Vauxhall version of this but later moved onto a Fiat roadster.

I saw 1-2 last year, compared to 1-2 Kizashi sightings. Definitely very rare. Kind of surprised it was ever released as a Buick. Not really Buick’s MO, and convertibles in general sell poorly in the US lol. Hope it’s sold better overseas.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)