So, um, what do you do if you lock yourself out?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
~tc~

Was traveling this weekend and my keys must have fell out of my bag... Waiting on AAA now ...
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
KuroNekko

So you lost your key fob and are locked out because of that?

I guess you'll have to get your second set to operate the car, even if you gain entry to the car. To make another programmed fob, I'm sure you need to take your second (and now only) set to the dealership and have them cut a physical key and program the replacement fob for you.

Sorry to hear you are stuck without the key.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Wow, that sucks. :(

I think KuroNekko has nailed it. You might be able to get in, but you won't be able to start it. :(

Let us know how the second fob addition works. I know I'll be doing that soon myself...
Dthrill_08

This might be a very silly question. I know the Fob has a key attacked to it but I don't see a keyhole where the pushstart is -.-. Someone help lol
KuroNekko

Dthrill_08 wrote:This might be a very silly question. I know the Fob has a key attacked to it but I don't see a keyhole where the pushstart is -.-. Someone help lol
The metal key does not start the car. The start button in concert with the key fob's radio signal does.
The point of the metal key is to lock/unlock the doors and the glove box manually, but not to actually start the car.

This is useful for locking a valet out of the glove box (give him fob and you keep the key) or leaving the engine running and locking the doors (again, with key). A physical key is also a back-up to gain entry to the vehicle which would be good in emergency situations (dead batteries in either car or fob).
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:This is useful for locking a valet out of the glove box (give him fob and you keep the key) or leaving the engine running and locking the doors (again, with key). A physical key is also a back-up to gain entry to the vehicle which would be good in emergency situations (dead batteries in either car or fob).
Kind of related, but not really--is there a way to lock out the valet from the trunk?
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:This is useful for locking a valet out of the glove box (give him fob and you keep the key) or leaving the engine running and locking the doors (again, with key). A physical key is also a back-up to gain entry to the vehicle which would be good in emergency situations (dead batteries in either car or fob).
Kind of related, but not really--is there a way to lock out the valet from the trunk?
Somewhat.
You can lock the back seats with the key to prevent them from folding down. Inside the glove box, on the right side, there is a trunk release cancel button. Engage this. This will prevent electronic releases of the trunk whether from the fob or the trunk release button. However, I said "somewhat" because the ski pass-through hole is not lockable. If you fold down the rear arm rests, you can open the pass-through to the trunk. If the item was small enough, you can access it from there with a locked trunk.
~tc~

Yep, had it towed and used the second set of keys.

Kind of took the shine off my love affair with the proximity key system. There's no way to have a spare.
KuroNekko

~tc~ wrote:There's no way to have a spare.
What do you mean? Can't you buy another blank/un-programmed key fob, take it to the dealership, and have them program the new fob?
I'm looking at my spare right now and it even has a little placard tag with a five digit code. I'm sure that's used by Suzuki to reference key cuts for additional keys. Programming additional fobs cannot be hard for a dealership and I wouldn't be surprised if a Nissan dealer could program the Kizashi's keys given they both use very similar fobs made by Calsonic.
~tc~

No, I mean on the car, like the old magnetic "hideakey" boxes, or even in your wallet or whatever.