1st Boo Boo!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
jimmerz

Well, I delivered my new Kizashi it's first boo boo! I put a pretty nice scrape in the right front panel below the headlight near the wheel well...I had my lawnmower in my garage in the middle of where my wife and I park our cars. There is usually plenty of room, but I guess my wife accidentally moved it some. as I pulled in I heard the "scrunch". Grrrrr....I am sure some touch up paint will make it almost unnoticeable to most, but it will bother me for 35 more months!

I will post a pic later from home. :evil:
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
uforaverwill

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I got my first boo boo 2 weeks ago. Someone bumped my back bumper. Now I have a circle on my baby now.
This is one of the main reasons I park far away when I go the supermarket, mall, or any parking lot. Most people have no respect for others.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
jimmerz

I agree. I too park far away. My wife is always making fun of me for parking so far away... If I park close I try and park next to something new and expensive, lol.

Here is a pic of the scrape.

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
Macstoy

You would be amazed how good the touch up will look after some wet sanding and buffing. I have repaired worst scrapes with remarkable results. Just take your time and not be in a hurry...
TheHolyGhost

That's rough. At least it's on the passenger side so you won't have to walk past it all the time :-)
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
gaww

Mine is in the shop for bumper replacement (casualty of NJ Turnpike service area parking lot). They will also replace the bumper film. They are going to put my driver side headlight bulb in as a favor, as to access it - the bumper needed to come off.

Does anyone know for sure the recommended time after new paint before it should be covered? They say 3 days - but I think it should be longer.
JDReichert

To jimmerz: You can polish that out with the correct materials and some labor. Take a look at the available products at Griot's Garage, www.griotsgarage.com under "The finest machine polishes available" on page 26 of their catalog. They recommend using their machine, but any orbital polisher will do. It would not be detectible if done with patients and a good system. PS They are a mail order supplier.

Jerry - 2010 Kizashi SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
jimmerz

Thanks JD I will look into that!
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black