Kizashi Sport

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kentucky1777

I just read small article about the 2011 Kizashi Sport which will be available in GTS And SLS trim levels. Has any one heard when they will actually be available, and what the MSRP will be? I definately like its 18" wheels with fewer "spokes", and .93g handling.
rjc1976

According to this article, they will be out in August:
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010033 ... /100339967

I personally plan to test drive a 6-speed SLS Sport, and if I like it, I might just be a new Kizashi owner in September.
TheHolyGhost

.93 g is pretty impressive. I own a GTS but I'll gladly test drive this.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Pensfan87

Hey everyone, potential Kizashi owner here. I'm trying to decide between the Kizashi and the Mazda3, while at a couple dealers recently and was told the sport wouldn't be out until Oct. or Nov. That review is from the end March.
Moto
Site Admin

Kizashi will be quieter, ride better, and has a nicer interior. Mazda3 will probably have more electronic gizmos. The Mazda will probably have a more fun to drive feel, but the kizashi is also fun to drive and is less stressful.

The fun to drive feel is nice, but the ride quality gets old compared to the Kizashi. I happen to still be driving my Mazda Protege 5 (predecessor to the mazda 3), and I have driven a few Mazda3s but not the most recent. Long term you will probably be more happy in the Kizashi unless they have dramatically changed the ride quality.

Both cars are good and they are both on my drive list the next time I go car shopping.
gaww

TheHolyGhost wrote:.93 g is pretty impressive. I own a GTS but I'll gladly test drive this.
I believe one of the tests on the 2010's with 18" wheels was close to that (.91 or so) already. You might get that or better when you replace and upgrade your tires (the OEM tires were at the bottom of the ratings list of 12-14 similar tires).
TheHolyGhost

Interesting, the best I've seen is .89 I think.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
rjc1976

Pensfan87 wrote:Hey everyone, potential Kizashi owner here. I'm trying to decide between the Kizashi and the Mazda3, while at a couple dealers recently and was told the sport wouldn't be out until Oct. or Nov. That review is from the end March.
I was looking at a Mazda 3 myself, but the road noise in the 3 has pushed my towards the Kizashi. Either way though, both cars are nice and great for the money.
jimmerz

I actually looked at the MazdaSpeed3, the Subaru LegacyGT and I ended up with the Kizashi. Mostly due to what I got for about $21,000 compared to the $25-$26,000 in the other 2. The legacy was the most expensive but I liked the AWD. The MazdaSpeed3 was the most powerful and it was pretty fun but didnt have AWD and was a lot more money. I kind of stumbled upon the Kizashi and after driving it several times and checking it out, I made the plunge. I did want more power - that will be my next car for sure. I really am happy with this car overall. The mpg is not what I expected, but I am sure it is better than what I would have been getting in either of the other cars I was comparing it to. I just really enjoy driving this car. I am a big guy and I fit very comfortably in it. NOT MUCH room in the back seat, but my daughter is 2 1/2 so she doesn't need much...

Sorry for the rant but I did not compare the Mazda3 at all. I would think the Kizashi AWD is the better choice. If you are just looking at FWD I guess flip a coin? Good luck either way.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
KizzyOHIO

My 2 cents...

I think Suzuki would rather you compare the Kizashi to the Mazda6 and I did. I think the interior of the Suzuki, while more conservative, is much nicer. I also like the size of the Suzuki a lot better (in-between the 3 and the 6). My wife drives a Mazda5 and loves it (based on the Mazda3) and I too once drove a MP5 (older version 3). Mazda's make good cars, and you can ask the millions of people who will also be driving the same car next to you. I like the fact that I am the only Kizashi I ever see and that people are always asking me what I am driving. Believe it or not I was recently asked if it was a Lexus (granted I have also been asked if it was a Saturn!!!)

Of course you may want/need to consider dealership location (there are quite a few more Mazda dealers then Suzuki). Bottom line drive them both back to back and see which you like best. I bet its the Suzuki (and they'll give you 250.00 or something like that if its not).

Guess that was a little more then 2 cents.
2010 White Manual Kizzy "S" -riding badgeless-