Bad Review from Yahoo Autos

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
uforaverwill

I do not if you guys seen this video review yet.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Moto
Site Admin

yeah, its old. The guy just wanted something to talk crap about, but I think he did have kind of a junky car. A few of the media cars weren't very good.
uforaverwill

It's old but it was the first time I saw this review. I should of looked of the post date on you-tube. He probably got paid to talk bad about the Kizashi.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
lookin

more like he wasnt paid to talk about the kizashi this guy is nuts
gaww

At the risk of unleashing flaming responses, i did not think his overall review was that negative.

He praised the best features (handling with the 18" wheels, the base engine, etc.). His major criticism (other stuff was nit-picking) was with the impact of the CVT on the overall performance of the car. This has been well documented in this forum. He also stated that he would probably have been more impressed with the 6 speed manual - which has been pointed out by other reviewers and a number of owners. An AWD manual 6 would have been a real killer package. If I did not have to have AWD for where I live, I would have gone with the 6 speed manual.

In the CVT thread, everyone is looking for a reprogram to improve the curves in the CVT performance. This may not be possible at the low end, and may need to be addressed in future model years with the updated CVT that was NOT used in the Kizashi. The is the one that has an auxiliary low gear - that improves both performance off the line and fuel economy.

Right now, the effective low start-up gearing is like starting up in a manual transmission in 2nd - it takes a lot more effort to get the car rolling and may be the cause of the very low stop-and-go gas mileage some have experienced.

I still am overall pretty happy with the car, but the CVT issuers are an unfortunate fact of life.
TheHolyGhost

I'm with gaww on this one. Maybe his tone is harsh, but the things he takes issue with are things that people have been disappointed with here as well.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

well i dont have an isue with the cvt i dont find the steering too heavy my jetta steering was heavy as far as the lag everyone is talking about i dont know what it is i hear a sound from the engine but i dont lose power its just a sound but what do i know i dont pretend to be a car enthusiast .....and yes his tone is harsh and i still think its a suzuki under dog thing i also see a couple of comments under the video dont like him either...
lookin

http://jalopnik.com/5552529/asking-a-fo ... is-useless i hope you guys can appreciate the humor in this video not everyone is so called car enthusisiats...dont forget the daily driver who just trying to get to work and perfectly happy with their car and no car or car manufacturer is perfect
jimmerz

gaww wrote:At the risk of unleashing flaming responses, i did not think his overall review was that negative.

He praised the best features (handling with the 18" wheels, the base engine, etc.). His major criticism (other stuff was nit-picking) was with the impact of the CVT on the overall performance of the car. This has been well documented in this forum. He also stated that he would probably have been more impressed with the 6 speed manual - which has been pointed out by other reviewers and a number of owners. An AWD manual 6 would have been a real killer package. If I did not have to have AWD for where I live, I would have gone with the 6 speed manual.

In the CVT thread, everyone is looking for a reprogram to improve the curves in the CVT performance. This may not be possible at the low end, and may need to be addressed in future model years with the updated CVT that was NOT used in the Kizashi. The is the one that has an auxiliary low gear - that improves both performance off the line and fuel economy.

Right now, the effective low start-up gearing is like starting up in a manual transmission in 2nd - it takes a lot more effort to get the car rolling and may be the cause of the very low stop-and-go gas mileage some have experienced.

I still am overall pretty happy with the car, but the CVT issuers are an unfortunate fact of life.
Spot on! I have been complaining like a spoiled toddler lately about my mpg, and even though I am complaining I think there are alot of reasons why my mpg is not that great and I will continue to post and report it for others. It just makes me NUTS that I was getting the same (if not better) mpg in a much larger, much heavier V6 with only 202hp Ford 500. I was really hoping to pump out an easy 22-23mpg local driving and if I hit the 30's for a long trip BONUS?

Other than my rants, I must say I REALLY enjoy this car. I think it might be the most fun car to drive that I have ever had. I am more comfortable in the drivers seat than I was in my 500 and my wifes Toyota Venza. No one can make a perfect car (at least for right around $20k, lol). ;)
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
TheHolyGhost

I will say that the one thing in the video that I really disagreed with was the weight of the steering. It's heavier than my Legacy but much much lighter than my mom's Monte Carlo SS.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES