Brand New GTS Owner

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
BrashL

Hey All,
Proud owner of a new Black GTS AWD as of yesterday. Was real close to buying a 2011 Sonata SE but the Suzuki dealer was next door and I kinda wanted to check it out before I pulled the trigger on the Hyundai. A test drive later and (what I think) was a great offer and here I am. Been driving it all day and liking it more and more. Spent last night reading as much as I could on this board but I still have a few questions I was hoping to have answered:

1.) The paint chip issue. Didn't read too much about this before I bought so was a little shaken last night. It appears that this is limited to the pre-2010 production run, but is that confirmed?
2.)Along those lines, I'm thinking of buying the OEM nose mask as a precautionary measure. Anyone have one? Thoughts?
3.) Also, I live in the Midwest so I need to invest in some good all weather mats. Don't appear to be a ton of great options although I have found what appear to be OEM ones on one site, and something called Hexomat on another. Any experience/recommendations?
4.) Read a bit on here about the XM module and other options. Any confirmed installs? Difficulty level? Alternatives?
5.) Speaking of that great offer, my dealer actually pulled out the invoice and walked me though his dealer incentive, holdback, etc. and gave it to me at (what he claims) is right around cost. He claimed all Suzuki dealers are instructed to sell like this. BS or did anyone else have this experience? I got it out the door at right around invoice so I figure I got a good deal, but with the 2011's coming out next month who knows...

Thanks in advance guys and gals!
2010 Kizashi GTS
AWD CVT
Black Pearl Metallic
jimmerz

Welcome. I think you made a good choice. It is a fun car, and even though I have only had mine for over a month, it feels very solid and well built.

A deal is only as good as you feel about it. Someone will always get a "better" deal somewhere or how, but if you feel like you got a good deal, then you did.

Enjoy...
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
Macstoy

I purchased an OEM full nose bra. It fits very well and does not flap around at all near edges. I decided to go this way instead of the clear bra for a multiple of reasons. Welcome to forum...
TheHolyGhost

Hawkzilla has the mask that just goes over the leading edge of the hood, and he has been very happy with both fitment and quality. Search around you'll find his posts on it. Welcome to the forum!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
BrashL

Thanks for the replies and welcomes. Reconsidering the nose bra. Looking for a maintenance free fulltime solution, not something I need to take on and off so much. I know some people here got clear masks, any reviews? Prices?

Second, I really would like a Weathertech set of mats, but of course, the don't make them for the Kizashi. I actually live a few miles from the their headquarters, so I'm thinking about investigating getting mats made. On the outside chance this can be done, would anyone else be interested in some?
2010 Kizashi GTS
AWD CVT
Black Pearl Metallic
TheHolyGhost

I'd probably be interested. I'm hoping something comes out by winter.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

Im definitely interested ive been waiting since i got my car im hoping for a one piece for the back that covers the hump since youre so close if we could get a group sale would be nice
BrashL

Made some calls an basically got nowhere. The won't make a custom mat by request, and I didn't get a clear picture of how they choose which ones to make although I would have to guess it's mostly sales. Maybe after the 2011 comes out they'll be enough on the road to make it happen. In the meantime I ordered custom Hexomats, so I'll have a review when they come in.
2010 Kizashi GTS
AWD CVT
Black Pearl Metallic
uforaverwill

Welcome to the Forum!
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Hawkzilla

1) I have 3700 miles on mine and even got caught behind a construction truck on the interstate that was dropping gravel everywhere (that put 3 small chips in my windshield) and I only have 2 very small paints chips to date (surprisingly none from that truck incident). My Kizashi was made in 2010.

2) I bought the hood guard for my Kizashi (seen in my pic) and I love it. The part of the car that is most prone is covered by the hood guard and I feel it makes the car look even sportier.

3) Midwest? Me too. Anywhere near NW Iowa?

4) This was a major let down for me, I was disappointed to find out you have to pay $700 to get the XM guts installed. One of the very few negatives for me.

5) My dealer pulled the same move. Said he was "losing money" on mine. Yeah right, I find out later I got it for MSRP, so while I didn't get ripped off, he didn't do me any favors either.

Good luck with your car and share some photos!
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic