Day Time Running Lights

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
NJKizashi

How do I turn these Friggs Off ??
My Line of Work...(Insurance Fraud) I tail & Follow people in their cars all the time..I want to be a little less obvious and turn these guys off..is it a simple fuse..or is it a more complicated/electrical process ?? :?:

Thanks Guys !!
gaww

If you wanted to be inconspicuous, you should have gotten a Corolla - they are practically invisible on the road (except maybe a red one) - lol.

Seriously, I would see if the maintenance manual shows a wiring diagram that would point you the right direction (or go ask the service department).

But you will still not be too inconspicuous - you will usually be the only Kizashi on the road, and the black grill with the chrome "S" stands out (unless you black that out if you have not already done so).
NJKizashi

gaww wrote:If you wanted to be inconspicuous, you should have gotten a Corolla - they are practically invisible on the road (except maybe a red one) - lol.

Seriously, I would see if the maintenance manual shows a wiring diagram that would point you the right direction (or go ask the service department).

But you will still not be too inconspicuous - you will usually be the only Kizashi on the road, and the black grill with the chrome "S" stands out (unless you black that out if you have not already done so).
My "S" has been blacked out since I got my car in Jan 8-) , and you're right there's not many Kizashi's in my Area of NJ..I only seen 2 more on the road...but the Kizashi is more unique from the REAR cause of it's tailpipes...from the front, if I blend in more with traffic, with my lights off then it'll work out better.
jimmerz

Unfortunately, unless you are parked and apply the parking break the daytime running lights will be on...
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
gaww

jimmerz wrote:Unfortunately, unless you are parked and apply the parking break the daytime running lights will be on...
Sounds like a possible circuit to tap into...
TheHolyGhost

You could always drive around with your parking brake engaged. :-P
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Schuzuki

You may be more conspicuous by not running the drl's. Most cars on the road these days have them, and very few have the ability to override them.

My old Saturns had a relay in the underhood fuse box that could be removed to disable the DRL's. You needed to insert a jumper wire between two of the pins to make the high beams work properly, though.

Alldata http://www.alldatadiy.com has a very good set of online manuals. You can print and procedures and illustrations from them. The consumer price is around $25/year. This is the same source that many dealerships use for their shop manuals.
Zeid

I'd suggest being inconspicuous in a minivan or something, not a car that is rare on today's roads. I hope you didn't get your Kizashi in red :P
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
purpleanga

NJKizashi wrote:How do I turn these Friggs Off ??
My Line of Work...(Insurance Fraud) I tail & Follow people in their cars all the time..I want to be a little less obvious and turn these guys off..is it a simple fuse..or is it a more complicated/electrical process ?? :?:

Thanks Guys !!
A real Kizashi fan! You needed a car with no DRLs for your work but you still bought the Kizashi. :lol:
ThunderSky

Chech the fuses , there appear to be 6 different ones marked for headlights. Pull them one at a time and see if one is the DRLs. Worse case scenario just un-plug the high beams at the bulbs. Don't really need them much anyway.
2011 Kizashi SX - AWD
2008 Honda Civic
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2001 Mazda Protege